Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how internal modem on pc
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how internal modem on pc Post 1499 by mib on Sunday 11th of March 2001 10:34:06 AM
Old 03-11-2001

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

3. SCO

detecting internal modem

hi, i have recently migrated to SCO UNIX ver 5.0.5. however, i am unable to configure an internet connection as i am using an internal modem(Conexant K56 Soft modem). would someone be willing to help me? thnks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree1234
1 Replies

4. Linux

Problems with the Internal modem

Hi I have a hsf Conexant modem & I have a driver for it but it works only on 2.4.* kernels . I know that there is a site called Linuxant.com which offers kernels for download ,but it gives a speed near 14 kb/s and the full feature driver offered for money and I can't buy it. My questions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: engshaheen
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hdisk0 internal

goodpeople, have a corrupt boot volume and systems keep's on crashing with it. suspecting drive is bad. question is how does one determine which of the 5 internal drives I have in my cage is hdisk0 any help would be appreciated Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Internal variable

i have a file named (Loop) that contains numbers separated by pipelines e.g. : 521|55 545|564 . . . and another file named (search) that contains numbers e.g.: 99999777|332|332 31215648|458|764 when i run this Script: nawk 'BEGIN{FS="|"} NR==FNR{a= $1"|"$2"|";next} a{print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guardianangel
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to check for internal modem?

Dear All Can you please let me know how can I check for internal modem on my solaris8 machine? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)