Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix with Windows 2000
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix with Windows 2000 Post 14977 by mastermold on Friday 8th of February 2002 11:55:31 AM
Old 02-08-2002
Unisys Server OS Change

The server will be used for our day to day networking needs, we have 8 workstations that are linked to our current server and 4 printers. This Unisys server will replace our Compaq server, if I can get the issue of the OS under control. My office people want to keep Novell vers 4 as a OS. I am pushing for Windows 2000. The Unisys server has the capability with plenty of room for expansion. This particular unit has 2 pentium pro 200 mhz. processors with room for 2 more. It can also handle 3 gigs of ram, it currently has 512 megs. The hd capacities are fine for now being 2 gigs and 8 gigs of space. There is a large cartridge tape backup installed in the main unit, as well as a smaller satellite tape drive. There is also the CD rom and floppy. I hope this gives you enough data. I do want to say thanks for all those of you responding. Without the WEB this would be an almost impossible task.
THANKS

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix to Windows 2000 printing over the internet

I need help printing to the Windows 2000 Pro environement from a Unix box, that the Windows 2000 system dials into via a ISP. We are still waiting for our T1 line to be installed but will need to know if that process will change when that is installed. I know that you can print from Windows 2000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supportit
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

3. Linux

Windows 2000 to Linux

:confused: I currently have windows 2000 installed on a 38 Gigabyte HD. I recently picked up a 'Teach Yourself Linux in 24 Hours' book. The book comes with a copy of redhat 5.0 (hurricane). I tried reinstalling windows with a partition of 10 GBs with a fat32 file system. That left me with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rawdawg
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix versus Windows 2000

Does anyone know where I might find info on Unix versus Windows 2000 with information pertaining to support, networks, hardware, software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bnite
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a Unix Server to a Windows 2000 Network

Hi everyone Firstly I apologise for my total lack of knowledge about UNIX. Its unfortunately something I have never had any exposure to (Until Now). I administer a smallish Windows 2000 network with all the usual bits and pieces that involves, and have been given the task of joining a Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maestro
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP from UNIX (AIX) to Windows 2000 server

Hi all, I have to sftp a file (put) from AIX server to Windows 2000 server. The question is Windows 200 server that i am using doesnt have any SFTP server , if so i know we need to install one. The question here is for writing a sftp script that as to run everyday as part of cron job we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddymails
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands for practice in Windows 2000 OS?

How to run UNIX commands for practice in Windows 2000 OS? If you suggest to install Cygwin, please let me know the procedure to install, or else I feel happy if you suggest any stand alone app for running UNIX commands..:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srikanthk
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning UNIX on a Windows 2000 machine?

What is the best way to learn UNIX, shell, and Perl on a Windows 2000 machine? My place of employment uses Solaris and Perl and I would like to learn some UNIX skills on my home PC. I read about "dual boots", "Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX", and "cygwin". What other free options are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
9 Replies
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix - Convert DateTimes to/from Unix epoch seconds SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix; my $dt = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); # 2003-04-28T00:00:00 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->format_datetime($dt); # 1051488000 my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->new(); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the number of seconds since the Unix epoch. METHODS
Most of the methods are the same as those in DateTime::Format::Epoch. The only difference is the constructor. o new() Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It has no parameters. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)