Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SImple command question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SImple command question Post 14907 by Diabeticus on Thursday 7th of February 2002 05:44:20 PM
Old 02-07-2002
ls -l gives you last modified. Not created.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question.

Is it possible to establish an IF statement inside a case statement in a shell file ? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TARFU
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Command (head) Question

Okay, this probably sounds dumb for anyone who knows the answer, but I'm completely lost. I have to use the head command to search a directory AND all of its subdirectories to display the first line of all .txt files. I know how to do this: head -1 ~/UnixCourse/*.txt, but that does not search the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbud
4 Replies

4. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The cut command. Really simple question!

hi, sorry for asking what I am sure is a really easy question, I am wanting to cut the users real name from the output of 'finger'. $ cut -f2-3 filename is in my script but it only seems to cut the first line. I need to cut the 2nd and 3rd word from each line and store them in variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question abt Copy command.

Hi ! All This is very simple question.... How to write a 'cp' command interative. Example : cp /wlsuite/om/cm/Tools/deploy_scripts/*.xml ${INF_ROOT}/tmp | echo "" || echo " Pls investigate ..." My intent was > to copy the files. > CP fails... then let know the user. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple question

I had a script in solaris wich i read data, for example: Number 1: _ and the cursor use to be in '_' place because in the code of the script i write: echo "Number 1:\c" but i copy the script to a linux and the cursor 'jump' to the begining of the next line like: Number 1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Simple Question

Hi All, I am new to Unix , I have entered 'cd w' in command prompt and pressed tab key , A tab space is generated instead of listing the folders or files that starts with 'W' . What should i do to get it working:confused: Thanks, Deepak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepakkumard
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Linux

A simple question about mail command

Simple question: i read mail n°4,how to return to list of messages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
XmImMbLookupString(library call)										  XmImMbLookupString(library call)

NAME
XmImMbLookupString -- An input manager function that retrieves a composed string from an input method SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/XmIm.h> int XmImMbLookupString( Widget widget, XKeyPressedEvent *event, char *buffer_return, int bytes_buffer, KeySym *keysym_return, int *status_return); DESCRIPTION
XmImMbLookupString returns a string composed in the locale associated with the widget's input method and a KeySym that is currently mapped to the keycode in a KeyPress event. The KeySym is obtained by using the standard interpretation of Shift, Lock and Group modifiers as defined in the X Protocol specification. An XIM will be created, but an XIC will not be created. One of the functions, XmImSetValues, XmImVaSetValues, or XmImGetXIC, needs to be called to create an XIC. widget Specifies the ID of the widget registered with the input manager event Specifies the key press event buffer_return Specifies the buffer in which the string is returned bytes_buffer Specifies the size of the buffer in bytes keysym_return Specifies a pointer to the KeySym returned if one exists status_return Specifies the status values returned by the function. These status values are the same as those for the XmbLookupString function. The possible status values are: XBufferOverflow The size of the buffer was insufficient to handle the returned string. The contents of buffer_return and keysym_return are not modified. The required buffer size is returned as a value of the function. The client should repeat the call with a larger buffer size to receive the string. XLookupNone No consistent input was composed. The contents of buffer_return and keysym_return are not modified and the function returns a value of 0. XLookupChars Some input characters were composed and returned in buffer_return. The content of keysym_return is not modified. The function returns the length of the string in bytes. XLookupKeysym A keysym value was returned instead of a string. The content of buffer_return is not modified and the function returns a value of 0. XLookupBoth A keysym value and a string were returned. The keysym value may not necessarily correspond to the string returned. The function returns the length of the string in bytes. RETURN
Return values depend on the status returned by the function. Refer to the description of status values above. RELATED
XmImGetXIM(3), XmImGetXIC(3), XmImRegister(3), XmImSetValues(3), and XmImUnregister(3). XmImMbLookupString(library call)