Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers looking for a secure copy program (scp) Post 149 by helios on Tuesday 31st of October 2000 05:02:13 AM
Old 10-31-2000
Question

Hi could someone tell me where to find a secure copy prog.
for unix and windows

thnx a lot

helios

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use SCP (secure copy) in UNIX

i have to transfer a file from one server to another. say, my script is running on server 'A' and one file has to be transferred from server 'A' to server 'B' using SCP. i am using it as: sourceserverA> scp -P <port> userid@serverBhostname:/put/this/here <sourcefile path> but it is giving... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP - Secure copy with Certificates exchange.

Will an scp command always copy the files in an encrypted mode? After trying this, I have got message Host Key not found in the database. & Unable to write host key in my user directory. Please anyone has an idea, how we can have secure copy with certificates exchanged successfully? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Secure method - get files - no ssh/scp

I have two servers. server 1 - secure server running ssh only on solaris 9. I can installed whatever I need here as long as its reasonably secure server 2 - running telnet (no ssh/scp installed) - I cannot change much on this server and cannot install much.. I need to pull some files from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secure Chat program for UNIX

I am wanting to know if you have ever found an extremely secure chat program for UNIX (Solaris 7), such that I could control which users can chat with which users, ie John (teacher) can talk to Suzy (student) or Sam (student) and they can talk back to their teacher BUT there is absolutely ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ixeye
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP -r from Secure FTP site

Hi all, My problem is simple. I would like to download the contents of a directory on an ftp site. I can access the site through windows, but there are many files and it would be too tedious to click and download each file. Thus, I am trying to use scp -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP copy

I want to copy all the files and subdirectory from a server. I tried scp pritish@ipaddress:/home/pritish -r $PWD it copies all the files but not the directory, Can any one help me. I want to copy files as well as subdirectory from a server directory Note: Use CODE-tags when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secure copy help

I want to use scp in a script and have two questions: 1. Is there a way to use password in script, so script does not halt and ask for my password for remote box half way through? 2. The code below copies the file to my home directory on the remote server. How can I copy "file" to the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Secure Copy (SCP) command

Hi, I am in the process of converting ftp transfres to SCP in my scripts. Have some doubts with SCP command 1) currently script puts a list of ftp commands in afile and paasses the file to ftp as input echo "user abc pwd" >inputfile echo "ls *" >> inputfile echo "quit" >> inputfile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure Copy, scp

Is there a way we can avoid asking of password when we transfer file from one Unix server to another server using SCP command. Or Is is possible that the batch file in unix in which I am giving the SCP command takes the password and transfer the files automatically without me typing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure Copy - File Transfer between 2 server

Using RCP command we can transfer file from one server to another server. While transferring we can rename the file also e.g. File name = FILE123.txt (lying on Source server = oldserver) Target Server Name = newyour Renamed File = FILE456.txt rcp FILE123.txt newyour:./FILE456.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies
cmp(1)							      General Commands Manual							    cmp(1)

NAME
cmp - Compares two files SYNOPSIS
cmp [-l | -s] file1 file2 STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: cmp:XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
Prints the byte number (decimal) and the differing bytes (octal) for each difference. Does not print data for differing files; returns only an exit value. OPERANDS
The path name of a file to be compared. The path name of a file to be compared. DESCRIPTION
The cmp command compares two files. If file1 or file2 is - (dash), standard input is used for that file. It is an error to specify - for both files. By default, the cmp command prints no information if the files are the same. If the files differ, cmp prints the byte and line number where the difference occurred. The cmp command also specifies whether one file is an initial subsequence of the other (that is, if the cmp command reads an End-of-File character in one file before finding any differences). Usually, you use the cmp command to compare nontext files and the diff command to compare text files. Note that bytes and lines reported by cmp are numbered from 1. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: The files are identical. The files differ. This includes files of different lengths that are identical in the first part of both files. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To determine whether two files are identical, enter: cmp prog.o.bak prog.o The preceding command compares the files prog.o.bak and prog.o. If the files are identical, a message is not displayed. If the files differ, the location of the first difference is displayed. For instance: prog.o.bak prog.o differ: byte 5, line 1 If the message cmp: EOF on prog.o.bak is displayed, then the first part of prog.o is identical to prog.o.bak, but there is addi- tional data in prog.o. If the message cmp: EOF on prog.o is displayed, it is prog.o.bak that is the same as prog.o but also contains addition data. To display each pair of bytes that differ, enter: cmp -l prog.o.bak prog.o This compares the files and then displays the byte number (in decimal) and the differing bytes (in octal) for each difference. For example, if the fifth byte is octal 101 in prog.o.bak and 141 in prog.o, then the cmp command displays: 5 101 141 . . . ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of cmp: Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization vari- ables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other internationalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in arguments). Determines the locale for the for- mat and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. SEE ALSO
Commands: comm(1), bdiff(1), diff(1), diff3(1), sdiff(1) Standards: standards(5) cmp(1)