Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 JAVA
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 8 JAVA Post 14890 by thehoghunter on Thursday 7th of February 2002 02:51:22 PM
Old 02-07-2002
Your problem may be comparing apples to oranges.

Many things can effect this: memory in each system, patch level, the sub-net the systems are on, system resources being used by other processes, the options for the web browser....

I would suggest you look on sunsolve.sun.com for any mention of problems with java on Solaris 8. Maybe you will get something there if no one else here can help.
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java into Solaris box

Hi need to install java in a Unix box, but have not been able to. Does anyone know where I can find information on where and how to install. THank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: federico
1 Replies

2. Programming

Binary not getting executed from Java on Solaris environment

In the Java programme, I am calling function, "Runtime.getRuntime().exec( cmdarray ); " with the array of arguments in which first argument is the binary(C-executable) file and argv1,argv2 and so on. This will be executed on Sun OS system.. I can execute using "sh -c cmdarray" on the shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I switch from CDE to Java Desktop in Solaris 10?

I am a newbie to Solaris/UNIX. I just installed Solaris 10 and accidentally chose CDE as my desktop instead of Java. How can I set Java Desktop as my desktop? Because before i installed my mechine is using java and more beauty from CDE.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Java Solaris 10 Zone settings

I have the following situation 1) Start JBoss Server 1 2) Within application - print as normal 3) Start JBoss Server 2 4) Printing STOPS on Server 1; Printing does NOT WORK on Server 2 Only solution is to stop Server 2; Restart Server 1 Then Printing works as normal. Doung a truss... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmm
8 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Java version

I have an issue here setting up ASR with a server. In order to have the SASM service runnning/enabled, the required java version is 1.6 U18(latest). My OS came with JDK 1.5 I downloaded and installed 1.6 But when I did java -version , its still showing 1.5 I captured the below from another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Java error in Solaris 9

Hi folks, I had a sparc machine with Solaris9 and built in java1.4.2 I installed Java1.5 on top of it by running the file jre-1_5_0_22-solaris-sparcv9.sh Now when I run the java application, I get the following error: Error occurred during initialization of VM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Java Installation on s Solaris 8

I have installed java 1.6.0_31 on a solaris 8 machine by mean of the jre-6u31-solaris-sparc.sh file. The installation i think is allright infact if I run the java -version command it shows the right version but if i try to run the command java -jar Monitor.jar c (where monitor.jar is a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemme
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Setting up Java environment on VMware Solaris 10

Hello chings , Oracle Solaris OS Install (JDK) My host is win7 X64 and guest is solaris 10 X64 . My share file name is sharefile10 I unzip the file from host so I dont need type tar or gzip command through solaris . I have downloaded JDK from oracle offical website and the name : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSUUser
4 Replies
RHINO-JSC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RHINO-JSC(1)

NAME
rhino-jsc - invokes the rhino JavaScript compiler SYNOPSIS
rhino-jsc [options] file1.js [file2.js...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rhino-jsc command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. It is written according to the html documentation. rhino-jsc is a start script for the rhino JavaScript compiler. The JavaScript compiler translates JavaScript source into Java class files. The resulting Java class files can then be loaded and executed at another time, providing a convenient method for transferring JavaScript, and for avoiding translation cost. Note that the top-level functions available to the shell (such as print) are not available to compiled scripts when they are run outside the shell. OPTIONS
-extends java_class_name Specifies that a java class extending the Java class java_class_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, overriding any methods in the base class by the same name. -implements java_intf_name Specifies that a java class implementing the Java interface java_intf_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, implementing any methods in the interface by the same name. -debug, -g Specifies that debug information should be generated. May not be combined with optimization at an optLevel greater than zero. -nosource Does not save the source in the class file. Functions and scripts compiled this way cannot be decompiled. This option can be used to avoid distributing source or simply to save space in the resulting class file. -o outputFile Writes the class file to the given file (which should end in .class). The string outputFile must be a writable filename. -opt, -O optLevel Optimizes at level optLevel, which must be an integer between 0 and 9. -package packageName Specifies the package to generate the class into. The string packageName must be composed of valid identifier characters optionally separated by periods. -version versionNumber Specifies the language version to compile with. The string versionNumber must be one of 100, 110, 120, 130, or 140. See JavaScript Language Versions for more information on language versions. EXAMPLE
Example compiling the NervousText.js applet written in JavaScript. The example is provided in the librhino-java-doc package. $ rhino-jsc -extends java.applet.Applet -implements java.lang.Runnable NervousText.js SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/jsc.html AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Wolfgang Baer <WBaer@gmx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 12, 2005 RHINO-JSC(1)