Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: QUESTION...simple program?
Top Forums Programming QUESTION...simple program? Post 14819 by sevenstar on Wednesday 6th of February 2002 10:55:55 PM
Old 02-06-2002
Your program is writed in C Plus Plus language,not C .
But I think there are some problems with it. I modifed your code according to your thinking.

----------------------------------------------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <iostream.h>

#include <string.h>

main()
{
cout<<"You have entered my 1814 shell"<<endl;
bool exit=true;
char line[1024]; /* Command String */
int n=0;

while ((exit))
{
cout<<"READY:#";
int iRet;
cin.getline(line,sizeof(line));
/* If you input "exit",you will quit the shell */
if(strcmp(line,"exit") == 0){
cout<<"*** Shell End ***"<<endl;
break;
}
system(line);
cout<<"\n";
cout<<"The command you typed was : "<<line<<endl;
cout<<"\n";
line[0] = 0;
}
}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Simple Network Program Difficulties

I'm trying to write 2 programs, client & server, that communicate with integers, however, all resources I have found on the net assume that you want to send and recieve information as a character array. I don't want to send my integers as characters, I want to send them as ints (casting them to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mistwolf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Programming

a simple chat program

any suggestions on how i could create a simple chat program between two terminals using pipes? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelogs1347
1 Replies

4. Programming

Xlib simple program.

I don't know if it is right to ask you this. Can someone help me write a simple Xlib program,with button on it,and all that button do is switch 2 messages. I have tried and tried,but never get past Hello World. Can someone help me please? ---------- Post updated at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megane16v
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this simple program in APUE?

I start wetting my toes in Linux programming. I tried the first program myls.c in Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment. #include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> #include "apue.h" int main(int argc, char *argv) { DIR *dp; struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple program help required

The circumfrence of a circle is #!/usr/bin/perl print 2 * 3.141592654 * 12.50 \n"; # pi= 3.141592654 # r= 12.50 I need a simple program showing me all the steps..to modify the above to prompt for and accept a radius from the person running the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Q2wert
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with simple program. (beginner)

Hey all, Writing a program that searches for a username and if they are online creates a 'beep' and sends the username and date to a log file. the error i am getting is: paul.obrien16@aisling:~/os$ bash checklogin : command not found Enter username paul.obrien16 ': not a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyladywall
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with creating a simple program!!

i am new to shell scripting!! i am making this program in bourne shell, that asks the user to input "Hello (their name)" or "question (their name)", any other input, "ERROR" will be outputted. if they input "Hello (name)", i want to out saying Hello (name) but if they input "question (name)", i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
4 Replies

9. Programming

A simple C program query ...

Given the following code inside the function ext3_write_super(): (It's there in Linux kernel 2.6.27.59) static void ext3_write_super (struct super_block * sb) { if (mutex_trylock(&sb->s_lock) != 0) BUG(); sb->s_dirt = 0; } The conditional test at if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
Tk_Main(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Main(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Main - main program for Tk-based applications SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_Main(argc, argv, appInitProc) ARGUMENTS
int argc (in) Number of elements in argv. char *argv[] (in) Array of strings containing command-line arguments. Tcl_AppInitProc *appInitProc (in) Address of an application-specific initialization procedure. The value for this argument is usually Tcl_AppInit. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_Main acts as the main program for most Tk-based applications. Starting with Tk 4.0 it is not called main anymore because it is part of the Tk library and having a function main in a library (particularly a shared library) causes problems on many systems. Having main in the Tk library would also make it hard to use Tk in C++ programs, since C++ programs must have special C++ main functions. Normally each application contains a small main function that does nothing but invoke Tk_Main. Tk_Main then does all the work of creating and running a wish-like application. When it is has finished its own initialization, but before it processes commands, Tk_Main calls the procedure given by the appInitProc argument. This procedure provides a "hook" for the application to perform its own initialization, such as defining application-specific commands. The procedure must have an interface that matches the type Tcl_AppInitProc: typedef int Tcl_AppInitProc(Tcl_Interp *interp); AppInitProc is almost always a pointer to Tcl_AppInit; for more details on this procedure, see the documentation for Tcl_AppInit. KEYWORDS
application-specific initialization, command-line arguments, main program Tk 4.0 Tk_Main(3)