Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMS alert in Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SMS alert in Linux Post 14658 by rsahu on Monday 4th of February 2002 02:40:20 PM
Old 02-04-2002
Hi ,
Thanks for the response.
It comes with
<smssend 'unknown error'>
That's the only message that i get .

thanks
ravi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sms

Hi all !!! Is there a way to send sms to a mobile from unix. lets say when script ends. thanks alot !! udi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SMS from Perl?

What exactly does the SMS module do i Perl? Can you send free sms messages from Perl ???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. if possible post to (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sms using mailx

the mailx command can be used to send mails. can i use the mailx command for sending sms to my mobile number in india?? Is it possible? If yes how? If its not mailx then wht is the command for that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasduhan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SMS

Hi, Can any one tell me how to send SMS using Unix shell scripting. My scenario is whenever my count on particular tables exceeds beyond certain limit i need to trigger out an sms to the client. It could be better if there is no third party tools involved in it. Thanks in advance... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarojadevi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail and SMS

Hi friends, I have a question related to UNIX mail issue. Let me explain the scenario. I am working in HP UNIX system and we are having some shell scripts those are already scheduled. Whenever the scripts are failed to run. I got an auto generated mail from UNIX administrator. To read the mail I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
4 Replies

7. Solaris

sms alerts

how to configure sms alerts in SUN SPARC servers to notify file system , cpu, memory and disk errors. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani.madiraju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with SMS script...

I use the SMS script on this page: http://www.prescriptionpc.com/TEST_newpage1.html#section=sms The “functions” work fine, but after clicking “submit” and receiving the “thank you” message, nothing happens. I find it odd that I can send a text message to myself choosing my carrier (Virgin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruce1969
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

**ALERT**ALERT* Whats app requesting users to upgrade to latest version as; its vulnerability found.

Hello All, Want to share here an article for Whats app users that team whats app is requesting users to upgrade to its latest version since they have found a vulnerability; where Hacker could turn on a cell's camera, mic and scan messages and emails. Here is an article from "THE VERGE" for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)