Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL queries in background?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQL queries in background? Post 1458 by Neo on Wednesday 7th of March 2001 07:17:06 PM
Old 03-07-2001
Yes, you can run the queries in the background. The output depends on the utility you are using to make the query. Some utilities write to STD OUT. In most, you can specify a file, etc. Again, it depends on the features of the tool you are using to make the query.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for sql queries

Hi All, I have written 4 sql queries . Now I want to write one SHELL SCRIPTING program for all these queries... i.e 1.select * from head; 2. select * from detail; 3. delete from head; 4. delete from detail; Please let me know how to write a shell script... Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user71408
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select SQL Queries Option

count.sh#!/bin/ksh SQL1=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @count.sql $1 $2 $3` SQL2=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @selectall.sql $1 $2 $3` LIST="Count Select_All" select i in $LIST do if then echo $SQL1 elif then echo $SQL2 fi done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested SQL queries within Shell script

Hi, Would someone know if I can fire nested sql queries in a shell script? Basically what I am trying to do is as follows: my_sql=$(sqlplus -s /nolog<<EOF|sed -e "s/Connected. *//g" connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Insert data into sql queries from a file

Hello friends, I need to insert data from a file to another. I need this to form an sql query file which will consist of 50.000 INSERT INTO sentences. my sql query file will consist of 50.000 times the below line consecutively: insert into subscriber... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script (with sql queries) not working using cron

Hi all, I have script, which performing sql queries and put output into file. When I run this script manually, its working fine, but when I want to schedule it with cron I am getting errors... I defined LD_LYBRARY_PATH and ,but no result. After I defined it, I am getting error: # more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code needed to get sql queries

Hi i need code to get sql queries through a shell script for a text file input which contain the service ids iputfile I-H-2048-10GB-M I-H-4096-12GB-M I-H-2048-p1000-M the code should contain below queries among which service_id is replacable with value from input file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with storing the output of multiple sql queries to a file

Hi All, I have a file queries.txt as follows : SELECT COLUMN1 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN1 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT COLUMN2 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN2 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT COLUMN3 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN3 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
2 Replies

8. AIX

Convert MS Access Queries to AIX SQL

Unix Team, I'm a recent college graduate entering in the " real world" and boy let me tell you it can quite challenging. I just got a job with a large fortune 50 company lets just say that my expectations and tasks have expanded since I first got hired. Last week I got assigned a pretty big... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techstudent01
9 Replies

9. Programming

Join 2 SQL queries into one

Dear community, could someone help me to join 2 queries into one? Basically it's the same query with different clauses (please notice the FIELD3 filters and related counters into the subquery): SELECT A.FIELD1,A.FIELD2,A.FIELD3 FROM TABLE A INNER JOIN ( SELECT FIELD1,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
cxref-query(1)						      General Commands Manual						    cxref-query(1)

NAME
cxref-query - A program to query the cross reference database from cxref. SYNOPSIS
cxref-query [name [ ... name]] [-Odirname] [-Nbasename] [-xref[-all][-file][-func][-var][-type]] DESCRIPTION
A very simple program to query the cross-reference database that is created by the cxref program. This is intended to be an example of the information that is in the database and how to use it rather than a fully featured tool. OPTIONS
name Names of objects to query. The names that it looks up are the names of: Files, Variables, Functions, Typedefs If there are no names on the command line then the program enters interactive mode and prompts for names until an end of file (^D) is seen. -Odirname Use dirname as the input directory -Nbasename Use basename.* as the input filenames -xref Produce cross referencing information (see below). -all All cross references. -file Cross references for files. -func Cross references for functions. -var Cross references for variables. -type Cross references for types. The output depends on the -xref options but basically gives what is seen in the section of the document for the named object. SEE ALSO
cxref(1) BUGS
If you wish to submit bug reports or other comments about the program then email the author amb@gedanken.demon.co.uk and put cxref in the subject line. AUTHOR
The cxref-query program is copyright Andrew M. Bishop 1995,96,97. July 5, 1997 cxref-query(1)