Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UniX internals Material
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions New to Unix. Which books should I read? UniX internals Material Post 14441 by auswipe on Thursday 31st of January 2002 04:16:46 PM
Old 01-31-2002
How about titles like this, "Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201563177/)

This title gets pretty indepth and the other titles by Addison-Wesley are fairly in-depth.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on unix internals

will anybody tell me how can i access all the fields of process table .if there is any structure and a system call please specify . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question on UNIX material

I am currently a student at Bergen Community College. My major is Networking Administration. I am having a tough time with INF-254 (UNIX). I need some help! What is "README bit" I am having trouble understanding certain concepts: For Example, what does it mean to set SUID, or SGID? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nelson ele
1 Replies

3. Programming

UNIX Internals, Help required...

I know UNIX user level commands, shell scripts. But i have no idea about kernel level programming and networking. I know the terms semaphore,IPC,socket programming. But i don't know in details what are these. I need to know the following. 1. Unix kernel level programming. 2. Unix Internals. 3.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
4 Replies

4. Programming

Good Unix Online Study Material

HI Friends, I wanted to start this thread inorder to keep all the Unix starters to easily find useful material through this thread...I request you all to provide with the URL address of any gud material you know... thanks and regards... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul3894singh
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unix Material

Hi, Can anyone provide the UNIX material. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biyyanimv
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any study material for begineers for UNIX please??

Any study material for begineers for UNIX please?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niranjany
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX Admin (Papers and study material)

Hi, I want to prepare and then appear for Unix admin certification. Please guide me for the study material and Exams that are required to be taken for UNIX certifcation. Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mail command internals

Hi all , I wanted to know how does a 'mail' command works in unix. Does it use an smtp server internally ? How and where it is configured then ? I am trying to google out the same , but not getting much help. Any suggestions with be of great help. - Andy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anindyabecs
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Study Material

Hi , Can anyone suggest me any UNIX Study material and UNIX Certification specific for TELECOM-DOMAIN. Best Regards, Om Prakash. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: omprakash1986
14 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

How to switch from SVR4/BSD internals to Linux internals?

Hello, Long-time Unix hacker here - I've worked on four variants of the kernel prior to the introduction of Linux. In my spare time, I've written Linux (Ubuntu) device drivers, kernel modules, cross-compiled, and built the kernel. I'd like to do Linux internals/device drivers as a day job,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OriginalVersion
1 Replies
MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon(3pm)

module_loaded
       Return true if the module is loaded.

NAME
MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon - Include Amazon objects on your page. DESCRIPTION
This is an url formatter. it takes urls containing amazon and /-/ or /ASIN/ and make a pretty formatted link to that object in the amazon web store. It automatically handles books/movies/dvds and formats them as apropriate. You can also pass 'small' as a parameter after the url, and it will make a thumb link instead of a blurb. METHODS
format_content_order Format order can be 1-99. The Amazon formatter runs on 5. format_content calls the formatter. Takes a ref to the content as well as the context object. get <asin> Connects to amazon and retrieves a Net::Amazon object based on the supplied ASIN number. small <property> Renders a small version of the formatter. blurb <property> renders a full width blurb of the product, suitable for reviews and such. DVD <property> Product information suitable for DVD movies. Book <property> Product information suitable for books. Music <property> Product information suitable for music CDs. SEE ALSO
MojoMojo, Module::Pluggable::Ordered, Net::Amazon. AUTHORS
Marcus Ramberg <mramberg@cpan.org LICENSE
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-12 MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon(3pm)