Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Editing $PATH in .bash_profile Post 14395 by Cameron on Thursday 31st of January 2002 10:21:39 AM
Old 01-31-2002
After editing your path, you need to export it.
export PATH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unrecognized Path in .bash_profile

Dear experts, I have installed Ruby in the following directory: $ pwd /home/ewijaya/.ruby $ ls bin lib share And I have also stated the PATH in my bash_profile like this: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then . ~/.bashrc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bash_profile problem

Hi Guys, I modified my .bash_profile script , and tried to change the prompt. Following is the line of code in my .bash_profile script. export PS1=" \W " But I get the output as: \W This appears to be my prompt now. Any idea what should be done.. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question in .bash_profile

We are more users using the oracle account, and people want to include theyr own files in .bash_profile. Like this: while ; do echo -n "LOGNAME is '$LOGNAME' (no sens), who are you? " >/dev/stderr read ln export LOGNAME=$ln done This works well when logging in to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hannem
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash_profile does not working

Hi all. when i connect as user megaguru i have a problem my .bash_profile does not working^:( if i do: . ./.bash_profile all enviroment variables are in place. How can i force linux to use .bash_profile before logon process? thanx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smallman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash_profile or .profile

Hi, happy new year. on AIX 6.1 , for user oracle , there are two files : bash_profile and .profile I do not know which one is executed when login ? How to know , More over in both of them we have : in .profile : ORACLE_HOME=/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure $PATH in /.bash_profile or /etc/paths?

Hi - I am trying to include the MSQ.exe that I have downloaded for the sake of learning. My current /.bash_profile file reads: PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin:$PATH export PATH ----------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing path in a HTML file using Perl

Hello I want to replace the path to which a hyperlink points to. I have a html file <TABLE BORDER CELLPADDING=7, border=0><TR><td>Jun-10-2013_03_19_07_AM</td><td>Ank_Insert_1</td><td><b>FAILED: 1</b></td><td><A ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash_profile versus bashrc

Hi All Please can you tell , what is the difference between bash_profile and bashrc. How to create them? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bash_profile question

Hello everyone, I'm trying to set my .bash_profile to change my primary prompt from this: banbatchtest1v:MCPPRD:~>to this: banbatchtest1v:MCPPRD:/home/rcarvall> Here's what my .bash_profile looks like right now: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galileo1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert vi editing to text editing

Dear Guru's I'm using Putty and want to edit a file. I know we generally use vi editor to do it. As I'm not good in using vi editor, I want to convert the vi into something like text pad. Is there any option in Putty to do the same ? Thanks for your response. Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
6 Replies
doctools::nroff::man_macros(n)					Documentation tools				    doctools::nroff::man_macros(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools::nroff::man_macros - Default CSS style for NROFF export plugins SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require doctools::nroff::man_macros ?0.1? ::doctools::nroff::man_macros::contents _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command providing access to the definition of the nroff man macro set to use for NROFF markup generated by the various NROFF export plugins. This is an internal package of doctools, for use by export plugins, i.e. the packages converting doctools related documented into other formats, most notably nroff. API
::doctools::nroff::man_macros::contents This command returns the text of the default CSS style to use for NROFF generated by the various NROFF export plugins. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
doctools, export, macros, man_macros, nroff, plugin CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools2base 0.1 doctools::nroff::man_macros(n)