Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris network problem
Special Forums IP Networking solaris network problem Post 14347 by hessam on Wednesday 30th of January 2002 02:36:26 PM
Old 01-30-2002
Bug

thank you very much
yes you were right cuz when i check it yesterday there was no
defaultrouter.but i had it before i don't know what happened to my solaris at this time ( it was my 10th time during this week but only on this installation there was no default router )
but forget it any way cuz i tried something else today.
i installed it on two other machine ( completely different hardware). one on a Proliant ( dual processor , SCSI hard disk and...)but it didn't detect the hard disk i don't know why.
so i tried installing it on another PC(pentium III 1G,3com lan card and...)
you don't believe me but it worked on this machine without any problem.I still don't know what the problem was with my own machine!!!!( cuz i did the same job)

but there is somethin i want to know :
i my pentium 4 machine , solaris detected the lan card at the beginning but during the installation where you choose whether you want " networked or non-networked"; but default the box non-netword was checked.
but on the pentium III the networked was checked - as expected.

if the problem is my lan card so how did it detect it ?
if not what is the reason ?
if you have any idea please let me know

thanx for your care and time

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by thehoghunter
I don't see the default route. Normally on Solaris you would have /etc/defaultroute set up to point to the router that will handle your traffic.

% netstat -nr

Routing Table: IPv4
Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface
-------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ ---------
10.140.64.0 10.140.64.62 U 1 1796 hme0
224.0.0.0 10.140.64.62 U 1 0 hme0
224.0.0.0 10.140.64.62 U 1 0 hme0
default 10.140.64.1 UG 1 6747
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 UH 16 1055 lo0

%
% cat /etc/defaultrouter
%

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with Solaris in Network configuration

WEe have installed Intel version of Solaris 8 in a machine .we skipped the network configuration at the begning.we selected unnetworked.Now we need to connect the same machine to a network. We configured the Card using ifconfig but its taking the ip address itself as the Default G/W. I need help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premkumar
4 Replies

2. Solaris

network on solaris

Withouth being physically at the server, is there a way to tell if the network cable is unplugged? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
6 Replies

3. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone

I am seeking help from the gurus in this forum and hope that I can find answers soon. Anyone who provide the answers will be greatly appreciated. I have a sparc box with Solaris 10 on it. We install Solaris with zone structure. One global zone and two other zone. I installed Oracle DB on global... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

5. Solaris

common network problem under Solaris 10 ?

Hi there, I run a SunFire v245 with solaris 10. I run a custom ERP on that. my clients are connecting via telnet and run the application... my last "server" was a sun blade 100 with solaris 8, everything was running correctly. Since I have the new server, I have many problem with my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siffleu
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 bge0 network problem

Hi, Server --Dell Poweredge 2550. OS--Solaris 10 Network switch --cisco --port setting- 1000Mbps full duplex The network LED goes off when the solaris console screen comes up but prior to that(while booting is in progess) it is green. The system is not able to come on network,ping to switch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilzoc
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem with network printer on Solaris.

Hi All, We have configured an hp network printer on a Solaris-sparc machine. We are unable to print any files from this machine. The following are the other details: lpstat -p hpnic -l printer hpnic waiting for auto-retry. available. exec exit fault Form mounted: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahshilpa
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

network Problem with unix open solaris

Dear Member:- Kindly be I am facing a problem with my open Solaris release b101 1- vi /etc/hostname.reg0 This is my IP address xx.xx.xx.xx 2- vi /etc/netmasks This is my subnet mask 3- vi /etc/defaultrouter This is my gateway 4- vi /etc/resolv.conf This is my DNS written with this way ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellroxy
2 Replies

9. Solaris

problem network with solaris 10 & vmware

Hello The first sorry for mi bad english I install a solaris 10 on vmware. I follow the steps to configure the network, but i can't do work :( I follow the next steps: # vi hosts "hosts" 6 líneas, 82 caracteres # # Internet host table # ::1 localhost loghost workshop ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
10 Replies

10. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies
defaultrouter(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.11 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)