Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Will userids make a difference in performance? Post 14277 by Neo on Tuesday 29th of January 2002 11:34:02 PM
Old 01-30-2002
No, it should not make any useful difference to have 10 processes executed by 1 non-root user or 1 process executed by 10 non-root users.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the difference between PMake and GNU Make?

My system is ubuntu, can I use PMake ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between .make and .mak file

Hi All, In our project i could see .make files and some .mak file. The build rules and the related commands been written in make file. All the project directory specific thing been written in .mak file and the project directories and makefiles are present in the subdirectories related to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep userids

Hey, what's the best way to use grep to list all userid's on the system that do not contain the "." character (period). Also, could I edit the same command to list all the userid's on the system that are 10 or more characters in length. Thanks, I'm not that familiar with grep, but I know it can do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
1 Replies

4. Solaris

make sure HA server no difference contents

hello there. I would like to know how can I make sure HA server have exactly same contents. for example at timestamp 1 (before start install oracle product ) assume the both server have exactly same contents. at timestamp 2 I install Oracle product at both server, hope... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qyxiell
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep sort userids

hello folks i have a file that have data like /test/aa/123 /test/aa/xyz /test/bb/xyz /test/bb/123 in above lines i just wants to grep "aa" and "bb". Thanks, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Performance difference between commands

Looking at the performance hit on my server, does it matter wich command I run? client # rsh server tar –cf - . | tar –cv –f – or server # tar –cf – . | rsh client ‘cd target && tar –xv -f –‘ I think it doesn't really matter because both command strings involve a tar being run on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In AIX, what is the difference between installp and make install?

I've used installp to install packages but when is it ideal to use make install? Havent had the opportunity to use this yet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What difference does * make here ? (ls command question)

Solaris 10 (korn shell) I use -d option with ls command , when I want to suppress contents of the subdirectories being listed when listing all the directories and files in a directory. This is what man page says about -d option in ls command. -d If an argument is a directory,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies
LASTCOMM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LASTCOMM(1)

NAME
lastcomm - show last commands executed in reverse order SYNOPSIS
lastcomm [ -f file ] [ command name ] ... [user name] ... [terminal name] ... DESCRIPTION
Lastcomm gives information on previously executed commands. Option: -f file Read from file rather than the default accounting file. With no arguments, lastcomm prints information about all the commands recorded during the current accounting file's lifetime. If called with arguments, only accounting entries with a matching command name, user name, or terminal name are printed. So, for example, lastcomm a.out root ttyd0 would produce a listing of all the executions of commands named a.out by user root on the terminal ttyd0. For each process entry, the following are printed. The name of the user who ran the process. Flags, as accumulated by the accounting facilities in the system. The command name under which the process was called. The amount of cpu time used by the process (in seconds). The time the process exited. The flags are encoded as follows: ``S'' indicates the command was executed by the super-user, ``F'' indicates the command ran after a fork, but without a following exec, ``C'' indicates the command was run in PDP-11 compatibility mode (VAX only), ``D'' indicates the command ter- minated with the generation of a core file, and ``X'' indicates the command was terminated with a signal. FILES
/usr/adm/acct Default accounting file. SEE ALSO
last(1), sigvec(2), acct(8), core(5) 4th Berkeley Distribution February 3, 1995 LASTCOMM(1)