Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mandrake 8.1 + W98SE Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mandrake 8.1 + W98SE Problem Post 14240 by KyPeN on Tuesday 29th of January 2002 01:13:51 PM
Old 01-29-2002
THANX ALOT GUYS

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! I havnt installed it yet and probably can't because my parents dont want me screwing up the computer any more than M$ Winblows already has. I think I'm gonna buy a refurbished dell and work up from there. Im gonna have fun! Thanks again guys. Keep up the good work!

BTW: Should I go with Celeron, a PIII, or a P4?
Also: How do I get to the command prompt during the install?
THANK AGAIN!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mandrake 8.1

Hi all, I have copied three .ISO files for Mandrake 8.1 from a Linux DVD onto my work LAN. They are: Mandrake81-cd1-inst.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd2-ext.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd3-supp.I586.isoThey're all +650M in size and I'd like to know what I need to do in order to create the three CD's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Here's the fix for the SiS 7012/7018 sound problem in Mandrake 8.2

Edit your /etc/modules.conf file to either remove or comment out the two lines : alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-intel8x0 above snd-card-intel8x0 snd-pcm-oss ...and replace them with the following line: alias sound i810_audio ....viola! After saving and rebooting, now I gots da sound!... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DownSouthMoe
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake

I read the old posts about dual booting windows and linux, and I just wanted to clarify something: If I buy the mandrake version of linux, will that by itself partition the hard drive, or do I still have to get a copy of partition magic? If the mandrake version can do it, is it an easy process? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with installing mandrake 7.2

I was trying to install mandrake 7.2 in my newly brought used intel pentium III processor with no operating system installed in it. In the boot sequence in the BIOS there is no "boot from the cdrom" option so I made a "boot disk" to boot from the floppy drive. While booting from the floppy I got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 10

i just got mandrake 10 and i installed xine the latest why does it crash my xserver and how do i fix this problem in mandrake 8 - 9.2 i had no problmes with xine until now with 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2004
2 Replies

8. SuSE

mandrake problem

ihave mandrake 9.2 (will upgrade soon to 10) but anyways, i can't get the Hard drive or the CD-ROM or Floppy to show up on the desktop. can anyone help me out? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_newbe
11 Replies

9. Linux

mandrake

I just installed mandrake 9.2, and all I want right now is for gaim to allow me to use msn.. The version I got now is 0.59.? and I have tried to get the latest version but when I downloaded the rpm it said that there were errors... can someone help... for my rpm packaging I have went to Urpmi and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flimzzy
3 Replies

10. Linux

Mandrake 8.00 installation/Booting problem...Plz Help

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have a problem with Mandrake 8.00; i have installed it on my old PC with no problems (none mentioned) but on re-booting after the installation it just hangs after listing the devices: Hard Disk, CD-ROM & Floppy A. I have installed it on Packard Bell with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
2 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)