Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 554 Unallowed chars encountered Post 14226 by Perderabo on Tuesday 29th of January 2002 12:21:21 PM
Old 01-29-2002
This needs to be addressed either where the mail originates or where it is received. I do have a pc on my desk and it does pc mail. I sent myself an email from a HP-UX box and it came in as an attachment. I did not see utf-7 but rather roman-8. I was able to click on the attachment and read it. That test was done using mailx on hp-ux.

I tried again using the old "mail" program and this time I could read the message normally. Finally I gave myself a .mailrc file with a single line "set charset=iso-8859-1" and retried mailx. Again, it came in normally.

Microsoft does screwy things to say the least, but I doubt that this is an Exchange issue. On my pc I have a program called Outlook that actually lets me read the mail. My guess is that Outlook is the program that can't handle high-powered characters sets. I would kinda expect Exchange to simply move the mail around. But with Microsoft you never know

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Encountered a strange problem with doing a restore

Hi Unix Guru's, I have encountered a strange problem with doing a restore on a local sunu machine. We have 2 live system (v880, v450) and 1 test system v440. All the machines are sun4u and using sun os 8.0 We have 2 backup device. One Bcakup device connected with v880 and another backup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpandian
0 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

Encountered error!

I used this on an AIX machine and encountered the following error. $ ls -l total 600 -rwxrwxrwx 1 e26936 dba 1491 Feb 07 1992 MANIFEST -rwxrwxrwx 1 e26936 dba 8148 Apr 05 1992 Makefile -rwxrwxrwx 1 e26936 dba 4852 Sep 06 2003 README -rwxrwxrwx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Invalid stack address encountered

Hello All, One of our applications is not able to start after trying to set p4 port. This is the log that is reported: JLaunchISetP4Port: set p4 port 50004 ------------------------------------------- Signal 15 encountered. => 64 bit R/3 Kernel => 64 bit AIX Kernel => Heap limit ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
0 Replies

6. AIX

Error encountered in creating a filesystem

Hi experts, Need help on the below error please. I am creating Filesystem and it fails with the below errors :( Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0518-506 odmget: Cannot open object class PdAt ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new file when three asterisks are encountered.

Hi All, I have a text file which is currently formatted like this: TEXT1 *** TEXT2 *** TEXT3 *** I want text before *** to go into separate files. For example, 1.dat TEXT1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notify as soon as an error is encountered in a script

Hi, The script below works okay and emails me the log in the end once the script completes but what I'm trying to do is to also notify me via an email as soon as the script encounters any error whatsoever. cat test.list hdisk0 00a6351a2c832da1 rootvg ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)