Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Somebody Help Me
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Somebody Help Me Post 1416 by TheGoof on Monday 5th of March 2001 03:43:50 PM
Old 03-05-2001
Thanks for all your help. I am assuming that the Solaris OS is unix based. Is it a GUI OS or more of a command line? I most definetly don't want a graphical environment for my first unix experience so a list of the current graphical and non-graphical unix based OSs would be most helpful. Thanks again for taking the time to help out a beginner.

-TheGoof

VCONSOLE.CONF(5)						   vconsole.conf						  VCONSOLE.CONF(5)

NAME
vconsole.conf - configuration file for the virtual console SYNOPSIS
/etc/vconsole.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/vconsole.conf file configures the virtual console, i.e. keyboard mapping and console font. The basic file format of the vconsole.conf is a newline-separated list environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options vconsole.keymap=, vconsole.keymap.toggle=, vconsole.font=, vconsole.font.map=, vconsole.font.unimap= may be used to override the console settings at boot. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for configuration of the virtual console as well, however only as fallback. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: KEYMAP=, KEYMAP_TOGGLE= Configures the key mapping table of for they keyboard. KEYMAP= defaults to us if not set. The KEYMAP_TOGGLE= can be used to configured a second toggle keymap and is by default unset. FONT=, FONT_MAP=, FONT_UNIMAP= Configures the console font, the console map and the unicode font map. FONT= defaults to latarcyrheb-sun16. EXAMPLE
Example 1. German keyboard and console /etc/vconsole.conf: KEYMAP=de-latin1 FONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), loadkeys(1), setfont(8), locale.conf(5) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 VCONSOLE.CONF(5)