Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dos system Connectivity
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dos system Connectivity Post 13921 by arulprasad on Friday 25th of January 2002 07:44:08 AM
Old 01-25-2002
Lightbulb Dos system Connectivity

I am having novell netware and unix servers. I use diskless system to connect to novell netware. Can I know how to enable these diskless systems which boots through dos to connect unix via telnet. I heard there is some software to do it. Anybody knows?Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

My sql connectivity

Hi myself rupesh, i want the mysql database connectivity and a simple shell script.. also if the links of books for shell programming (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: comp_rupesh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity

Dear all, can any body help me about database connectivity? i want to data by extracting from oracle... so please give me some idea... Thanks, Regards, Pankaj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panknil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos-Unix Connectivity

Hi, Is there any method to connect unix box(Excecuting unix commands through Batch Files) through DOS prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
1 Replies

4. Linux

dos-path / un-dos-path compatibility with cygwin

Hello ; I have a problem running some script on dos . when i run : C: ls /temp ls: cannot access /temp: No such file or directory but when i run C: ls \temp windriver backup remotebackup also when i run C: ls temp windriver backup remotebackup The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mulder20
4 Replies

5. Solaris

connectivity between servers

We have two servers A and B (both running Solaris 10) out of which one is application server and the other is database server. The two servers faced certain network issues and the two servers were temporarily disconnected.this happened around 5AM GMT monday.Can anyone suggest some log files or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity

Hi All, How can we access oracle database which is in another server using shell scripts? Please share your ideas. Regards, Raja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connectivity

Hi, I have two unix servers named as uni115.net uni116.net In both the boxes, I have sudo access to access some file. From uni115.net , I need to login to uni116.net through script And while running my main script , it wont ask the password for login to another machine. How can we do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Lack of IP Connectivity

Hi Can any one please help identify the issue in scenario 2: Connectivity Diagram: 1) Distribution Switch----Int_Switch----LabSwitch(Fa1/0)----Terminal Ser 2) Distribution Swtich----Int_Swtich----LabSwitch(Fa2/0)----3640 Router ---all links are access links Distribution Switch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)