Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change login dir
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers change login dir Post 13829 by lorcet222 on Thursday 24th of January 2002 06:08:09 AM
Old 01-24-2002
Question change login dir

Ok when I log in to my terminal I land in a dir. How can I change the dir that I start from when I login?

Thanks for the help, sure it is a no brainer for you guys

cd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how I change dir in dos

Hi I have a dos batch file in window server where I call a cmd command for creating some db. this cmd commad is located in e:\data\abcd\xyz.cmd. Now I call this batch file from unix ssh.sh but my access point is D in window server here I want to change the dos prompt to e:\data\abcd. in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect"

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect" deny user login for user id tom sudo passwd -l tom type username and type password on login prompt and then it will display login failure message "login incorrect" console ############ login: tom password: login incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cant able to change permission in a DIR as root user

Hi my directory not accepting any commands. its simply telling permission denied. i tried ( cp, mv, rm ) as roor i want to set default permissons to this DIR please find the Logs below. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Jun 1 09:04 AP1_ROP ( original dir) root> chmod 777... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Change inherit-pkg-dir to writable

/lib in my sparse zone is running and its inherit-pkg-dir due ti which its readonly is it possible to make it writable if yes how ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change permission for opt dir in Solaris Zones?

Hi All While configuring zone I run add inherit-pkg-dir I thing this command will inherit opt,etc,lib... directories from global zone to non global zone with read permission................ So this makes problem for me I want to edit one file opt dir which is useful for my project but when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Requesting help to automatically create home dir on login

I know we would not normally do this. However, I would like to have user's home directory created when they log in the first time. I have searched the forums and have not found any help yet. Scenario - environment uses NIS for auth and usually NFS mount HOME. However, I have a pilot environment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

could not able change permission of /home dir

Hi i am new to this admin area . i have created user with name as "ab" and gave home dir as /home/ab . when i tried to create the /home/ab dir , i got he following error. "mkdir: Failed to make directory "/home/ab"; Operation not applicable " Thanks in advance . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a change list of files/dir

Is there a tool that can diff a directory and generate a change list of files in that directory based on a previous snapshot on the directory? For example /etc/a.txt:changed /etc/b.txt:removed /etc/c.txt:added Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: overmindxp
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Change Dir doubt and some advice.

Hello, This is my first post in this forum. I need to change the owner of several directories and files in Solaris 10 Operating system, more than 500. The server is in production and my question is: If i change the owner of directories and files, the server can become unstable, i mean,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: checoturco
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
tinydyndns-conf(8)					      System Manager's Manual						tinydyndns-conf(8)

NAME
tinydyndns-conf - sets up a pop-before-dyndns service SYNOPSIS
tinydyndns-conf acct logacct dir myip mydomain DESCRIPTION
tinydyndns-conf creates a service directory dir that runs tinydns(8), and a service directory dir/pop that runs a pop3 service and updates tinydns' database after a successful login. You can run the services under svscan(8) or runsvdir(8) by creating symbolic links in the /service directory: ln -s dir /service/dir ln -s dir/pop /service/dir-pop The service will start within five seconds, and will be restarted upon reboot. You can use svc(8) to control the service. tinydyndns-conf runs tinydns-conf acct logacct dir myip to set up a DNS publication service. tinydyndns-conf modifies dir/root/Makefile to not run tinydns-data(8) upon normal request. tinydyndns-conf arranges for tcpserver(1) to listen on TCP port 110, and to start pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), and after a successful login tinydyndns-update(8), and pop3front-maildir(8) upon connections. tinydyndns-conf creates a setpasswd script and a default passwd database in dir/pop for the use with cvm-pwfile(8). SEE ALSO
tinydyndns-update(8), tinydyndns-data(8), tinydns(8), tcpserver(1), pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), pop3front-maildir(8) http://smarden.org/tinydyndns/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> tinydyndns-conf(8)