Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Override protection.....
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Override protection..... Post 13781 by PxT on Wednesday 23rd of January 2002 01:37:29 PM
Old 01-23-2002
You can use the "-f" flag to rm to automatically override this message.
This User Gave Thanks to PxT For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Override

Hi My computer of late started misbehaving. Whenever I switch it on It say Override and then it takes long to boot. Surprising is that it opens excel automatic. What could be that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mulo
1 Replies

2. AIX

date override

When the aix date function is called by a routine, is the date function 'aware' of the name of the routine that is calling it, such that if we had the source code of the date function, we could modify it so that it provides a date to the caller depending upon the identity of the calling routine.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerry shacter
1 Replies

3. Programming

override the function in C

hi , greetings , I have one doubt reg the C functions . I have a program sample.c , in which i have function name scanf , which reads a a variable and prints the variable inside the function . this scanf is nothing to do with C library function scanf , but i would like to use only user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to override my profile

I would like to override the default profile which is loaded when the system starts or When I run a program so that profile should get loaded in the settings. Is there any system call to do so. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you override root shell?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the logic of my user shell and root shell :confused: This might be best illustrated with an example. If I log into the linux host I'm using and run the following: -bash-3.2$ which python /usr/local/bin/python I now run sudo bash to become root and run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuchulainn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

override protection 644 (yes/no)?

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Override Mailx Command

Hello All, I am working on a project where the requirement is override mailx command in such way that, instead of sending mailing to email addresses coded in codes, it should send mails to one common email address at run time. We do not intend to change the email addresses in codes. This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubh05
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to override Classpath?

Hi, When I login to my HP-UX and fire the "set" command I see that the weblogic 9.2 classpath is already set. However, I wish to override the classpath to weblogic version 10.3 I have a script call setWLSEnv.sh that has the desired classpath. Thus, in my unix script i write .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid "override protection 644 (yes/no)?" -ksh 88

Hi All, I'm using Ksh 88 version. I'm trying to remove the files using the below script .The code is working fine but i'm getting override protection 644 (yes/no)? message for every file .. Pelase suggest #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x File_Path="/etc/home/logs" Dest_Path="/etc/home/temp"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Override last line in UNIX

Hello , I have to override the last line of a text file in unix I know one way is to delete and insert however I am looking for a one liner. Could anyone help me to write it? below is the code I have come up with sed '$d' /ParmFiles/test2_parm.dat>/ParmFiles/temp_pra.dat; cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. Every twenty problems, it publishes statis- tics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +- Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. ARITHMETIC(6)