Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Override protection.....
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Override protection..... Post 13760 by Makaveli.2003 on Wednesday 23rd of January 2002 09:39:30 AM
Old 01-23-2002
Override protection.....

I am having this problem......when I run this script:

print -n "Enter file name to be deleted: "
read answer
if [ -f $name ]
then
rm $name
else
echo "No such file with the name: $name exists"
fi

I was trying to test my script for errors, and basically when the user had files with the rights: 400, 100, and 500, this message came up "rm: filename: override protection 500, then gives a yes/no option. Y does this message come up?? If yes is chosen the file is deleted but, I was wounderin when writing a script does the validation have to include a message that the user inputs into the script to deal with it?? I would like to enter a message that would deal with it, can ne1 help me input this message?? I dont know how to go about it...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Override

Hi My computer of late started misbehaving. Whenever I switch it on It say Override and then it takes long to boot. Surprising is that it opens excel automatic. What could be that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mulo
1 Replies

2. AIX

date override

When the aix date function is called by a routine, is the date function 'aware' of the name of the routine that is calling it, such that if we had the source code of the date function, we could modify it so that it provides a date to the caller depending upon the identity of the calling routine.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerry shacter
1 Replies

3. Programming

override the function in C

hi , greetings , I have one doubt reg the C functions . I have a program sample.c , in which i have function name scanf , which reads a a variable and prints the variable inside the function . this scanf is nothing to do with C library function scanf , but i would like to use only user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to override my profile

I would like to override the default profile which is loaded when the system starts or When I run a program so that profile should get loaded in the settings. Is there any system call to do so. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you override root shell?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the logic of my user shell and root shell :confused: This might be best illustrated with an example. If I log into the linux host I'm using and run the following: -bash-3.2$ which python /usr/local/bin/python I now run sudo bash to become root and run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuchulainn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

override protection 644 (yes/no)?

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Override Mailx Command

Hello All, I am working on a project where the requirement is override mailx command in such way that, instead of sending mailing to email addresses coded in codes, it should send mails to one common email address at run time. We do not intend to change the email addresses in codes. This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubh05
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to override Classpath?

Hi, When I login to my HP-UX and fire the "set" command I see that the weblogic 9.2 classpath is already set. However, I wish to override the classpath to weblogic version 10.3 I have a script call setWLSEnv.sh that has the desired classpath. Thus, in my unix script i write .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid "override protection 644 (yes/no)?" -ksh 88

Hi All, I'm using Ksh 88 version. I'm trying to remove the files using the below script .The code is working fine but i'm getting override protection 644 (yes/no)? message for every file .. Pelase suggest #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x File_Path="/etc/home/logs" Dest_Path="/etc/home/temp"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Override last line in UNIX

Hello , I have to override the last line of a text file in unix I know one way is to delete and insert however I am looking for a one liner. Could anyone help me to write it? below is the code I have come up with sed '$d' /ParmFiles/test2_parm.dat>/ParmFiles/temp_pra.dat; cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies
Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)

options
       Returns a hash of all the options this script takes. (See the usage message for details)

run
       Runs the "update_catalogs" method.

_check_mime_type FILENAME
       This routine returns a mimetype for the file "FILENAME".

update_catalogs
       Extracts localizable messages from all files in your application, finds all your message catalogs and updates them with new and changed
       messages.

update_catalog FILENAME
       Reads "FILENAME", a message catalog and integrates new or changed translations.

extract_messages
       Find all translatable messages in your application, using Locale::Maketext::Extract.

print_help
       Prints out help for the package using pod2usage.

If the user specified --help, prints a brief usage message

If the user specified --man, prints out a manpage

pot_name
       Returns the name of the po template.

NAME
Jifty::Script::Po - Extract translatable strings from your application SYNOPSIS
jifty po --language <lang> Creates a <lang>.po file for translation jifty po Updates all existing po files Options: --language Language to deal with --dir Additional directories to extract from --js Generate json files from the current po files --help brief help message --man full documentation OPTIONS
--language This script an option, "--language", which is optional; it is the name of a message catalog to create. --dir Specify explicit directories to extract from. Can be used multiple times. The default directories will not be extracted if you use this option. --template_name Specify the name of the po template. Default to the lower-cased application name. --podir Specify the directory of the po templates. --js If "--js" is given, other options are ignored and the script will generate json files for each language under share/web/static/js/dict from the current po files. Before doing so, you might want to run "jifty po" with "--dir share/web/static/js" to include messages from javascript in your po files. --help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. DESCRIPTION
Extracts message catalogs for your Jifty app. When run, Jifty will update all existing message catalogs, as well as create a new one if you specify a --language option. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)