Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Serius ERROR on HPUX 1020
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Serius ERROR on HPUX 1020 Post 13745 by sunbird on Wednesday 23rd of January 2002 04:45:50 AM
Old 01-23-2002
The Permissions on "/" looks ok.
What's on /dev/root?
is says in the syslog "vx-nospaces on /dev/root"
The root is in 66%
/tmp is in 4%

I'm trying to run nickel but it won't say anything.
I'm probably missing something crucial...
Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

import disk in HP-UX 1020

Hi, is it possible to import a disk into a system, and to mount it without overwriting all data on this disk? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make is giving error while installing cups in hpux

m installing cups-1.2.12 in hp-ux ./configure didnt give any error. but make gives the following error making all in cups... Compiling adminutil.c... In file included from http-private.h:142, from globals.h:35, from adminutil.c:47: /usr/include/net/if.h:240: error: field 'iftp_local' has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalina
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.profile file error on HPUX 11.11

Hi, I am working on HPUX 11.11i and 11.10 boxes. My default shell is ksh. I have the following entry in my profile file HOSTNAME=`uname -n` Every time I login to the server, this is the error I get: ${HOME:-.}/.profile: syntax error: `)' unexpected The line number shown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yomaanmean
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hpux vi

Hello. I cant figure out how can i move entire row up , so it pasted on the one above at the end , or to do that for one character. In notepads,word, or some other text editors we would do that with backspace button. Example. Content of my text file is this : I am trying to do that. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

mk_kernel : "dev_config" error (hpux 11.23)

Any clue why I'm getting the error below? I would greatly appreciate any help. HP ITRC is already engaged since this morning but until now I haven't got any resolution. I'm wondering if anybody out there got an idea on how to fix this. Thanks in advance. This is my system: HPUX11i-OE-Ent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgameng
2 Replies

9. Slackware

Hp 1020 laser jet Printer doesn't work on slackware 13.1

when i attach HP 1020 leaser jet printer on slackware 13.1 via usb port it detects and display message "Ready to print", in printing window (start->setting->printing) it detects & its properties(Printer->properties) is Description : Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet 1020 Location : Divya Device... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitlar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX Syntax error at line 9 : `<' is not expected

Hi All, i'm getting this error, can somebody check? file name is like this 951957039339019_560119_000523_2w47_3060_0038_6002.log filename=$(basename "$1") extension="${filename##*.}" filename="${filename%.*}" IFS="_" read -r -a array... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
2 Replies
PIVOT_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						     PIVOT_ROOT(8)

NAME
pivot_root - change the root filesystem SYNOPSIS
pivot_root new_root put_old DESCRIPTION
pivot_root moves the root file system of the current process to the directory put_old and makes new_root the new root file system. Since pivot_root(8) simply calls pivot_root(2), we refer to the man page of the latter for further details. Note that, depending on the implementation of pivot_root, root and cwd of the caller may or may not change. The following is a sequence for invoking pivot_root that works in either case, assuming that pivot_root and chroot are in the current PATH: cd new_root pivot_root . put_old exec chroot . command Note that chroot must be available under the old root and under the new root, because pivot_root may or may not have implicitly changed the root directory of the shell. Note that exec chroot changes the running executable, which is necessary if the old root directory should be unmounted afterwards. Also note that standard input, output, and error may still point to a device on the old root file system, keeping it busy. They can easily be changed when invoking chroot (see below; note the absence of leading slashes to make it work whether pivot_root has changed the shell's root or not). OPTIONS
-V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
Change the root file system to /dev/hda1 from an interactive shell: mount /dev/hda1 /new-root cd /new-root pivot_root . old-root exec chroot . sh <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 umount /old-root Mount the new root file system over NFS from 10.0.0.1:/my_root and run init: ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up # for portmap # configure Ethernet or such portmap # for lockd (implicitly started by mount) mount -o ro 10.0.0.1:/my_root /mnt killall portmap # portmap keeps old root busy cd /mnt pivot_root . old_root exec chroot . sh -c 'umount /old_root; exec /sbin/init' <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 SEE ALSO
chroot(1), pivot_root(2), mount(8), switch_root(8), umount(8) AVAILABILITY
The pivot_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux August 2011 PIVOT_ROOT(8)