Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filtered Print Que
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Filtered Print Que Post 1371 by Neo on Wednesday 28th of February 2001 05:15:35 PM
Old 02-28-2001
Perhaps there is a problem in /etc/printcap. Print filters and flags are specified there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Print Problem in UNIX. Need to know the option to specify the print paper size

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the option available in UNIX to print by specifying the paper size? We are using Unix11i. I could n't see any option specified in the 'lp' command to print the report by specifying the size of the paper. It would be of great help to me, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV Table Filtered/transposed/matched using CSH

Hello Everybody: I have a csv file that i would want to be converted to a table (csv also) filtered, transposed and matched with the header (quite confusing, sorry). So the output can used on a spreadsheet and plot on a grap. I'm using CSH on unix. To further explain, here is an example input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmer1503
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help: Extract filtered output from following input

Following is input: <P align="justify" ><FONT size="+1" color="#221E1F">the tiny bundles of hairs that protrude from them. Waves in the fluid of the inner ear stimulate the hair cells. Like the rods and cones in the eye, the hair cells convert this physical stimulation into neural im<FONT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing files with, ls filtered with grep

Hi guys Im new to forum so please dont be hard to me if I make any mistakes :) I want to the following task: 1. I have a file lets say file1, which contains job names with numbers which have failed to start and .... I can sort that file into another to get only the Job numbers with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto Print File Path or Print the Filename

I'm trying to clean up my samba share and need to print the found file or print the path of the image it tried to searched for. So far I have this but can't seem to get the logic right. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? for FILE in `cat list`; do if ; then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: overkill
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the process id and kill all the filtered process

Hi I want to write a shell script which can find the process id's of all the process and kill them eg: ps ax | grep rv_ 3015 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_server 3020 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_gps 3022 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_show ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_naragund
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a print filter that print text & image?

Currently, I have a print filter that takes a text file, that convert it into PCL which then gets to a HP printer. This works. Now I need to embedded a image file within the text file. I'm able to convert the image file into PCL and I can cat both files together to into a single document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of filtered files write as columns into one file

Hi everybody! i have a lot of files where i filter out data. #!/bin/bash f=sample_*.Spe for i in $f `eval echo ls sample_*.Spe` do if test -f "$i" then awk 'FNR==8 ||FNR==10 || (FNR>=13 && FNR<=268) {print $1}' $i > test$i.txt paste test$i.txt test_f.txt > test_f.txt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content should be filtered within brackets

Hello all, I have a string and would like to extract the content of the text within the brackets. Here is the string: Desc="file from to line" What I would like to have is the following: Filename="4009821_737498.out" FromLine=12965 ToLine=12355 Maybe I have to do this with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
6 Replies
lpstat(1)							    Apple Inc.								 lpstat(1)

NAME
lpstat - print cups status information SYNOPSIS
lpstat [ -E ] [ -H ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -l ] [ -W which-jobs ] [ -a [ destination(s) ] ] [ -c [ class(es) ] ] [ -d ] [ -o [ destination(s) ] ] [ -p [ printer(s) ] ] [ -r ] [ -R ] [ -s ] [ -t ] [ -u [ user(s) ] ] [ -v [ printer(s) ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpstat displays status information about the current classes, jobs, and printers. When run with no arguments, lpstat will list jobs queued by the current user. OPTIONS
The lpstat command supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -H Shows the server hostname and port. -R Shows the ranking of print jobs. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -W which-jobs Specifies which jobs to show, completed or not-completed (the default). This option must appear before the -o option and/or any printer names, otherwise the default (not-completed) value will be used in the request to the scheduler. -a [printer(s)] Shows the accepting state of printer queues. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -c [class(es)] Shows the printer classes and the printers that belong to them. If no classes are specified then all classes are listed. -d Shows the current default destination. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. -l Shows a long listing of printers, classes, or jobs. -o [destination(s)] Shows the jobs queue on the specified destinations. If no destinations are specified all jobs are shown. -p [printer(s)] Shows the printers and whether or not they are enabled for printing. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -r Shows whether the CUPS server is running. -s Shows a status summary, including the default destination, a list of classes and their member printers, and a list of printers and their associated devices. This is equivalent to using the "-d", "-c", and "-v" options. -t Shows all status information. This is equivalent to using the "-r", "-d", "-c", "-v", "-a", "-p", and "-o" options. -u [user(s)] Shows a list of print jobs queued by the specified users. If no users are specified, lists the jobs queued by the current user. -v [printer(s)] Shows the printers and what device they are attached to. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. COMPATIBILITY
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", and "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The "-h", "-E", "-U", and "-W" options are unique to CUPS. The Solaris "-f", "-P", and "-S" options are silently ignored. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 10 September 2008 CUPS lpstat(1)