Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Any difference between the CLI of Mac OS X and normal UNIX? Post 13669 by edward on Tuesday 22nd of January 2002 07:15:49 AM
Old 01-22-2002
Command Line Interface.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server

Hi, I recently joined this forum and new to UNIX. Is there any difference between UNIX operating system and UNIX open server? Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjit
1 Replies

2. Solaris

difference between RPATH and normal linking while building

while building in solaris and going for dynamic linking whats the difference or advantage or disadvantage in using RPATH vs while linking package and dependency libraries i need a little explanation about this RPATH option specially and the difference with normal linking using -L (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between Mac and IP addresses

If a web search is done on this topic there are many links but no information included in the documents. So my questions are; Why does a NIC card have it's own permanent ID. Why can't it share the host name? An ID is an ID. Why does a computer need two ways to ID it. If the network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
3 Replies

5. Programming

Difference between system calls and normal functions in C

hello all, i'm a beginner in linux programming. I need to know what is the difference between system calls and normal functions like fopen, fread etc in C?Also how to set permissions by using open system call? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarathy
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between normal Execute permission and GUID

Hi, Any can explain the difference between the normal execute permission for the file and GUID of the file. Since the normal execute permission has right to execute file why there is need of providing GUID for the same file. Also share some examples for SUID and SGID programs. Regards... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read URL data from UNIX-CLI without Wget,CURL,w3m,LWP

Hi Experts, Problem statement : We have an URL for which we need to read the data and get parsed inside the shell scripts.My Aix has very limited perl utility, i cant install any utility as well. Precisely, wget,cURL,Lynx,w3m and Lwp cant be used as i got these utilities only when i googled it.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
12 Replies
App::CLI::Command(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      App::CLI::Command(3)

NAME
App::CLI::Command - Base class for App::CLI commands SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::List; use base qw(App::CLI::Command); use constant options => ( 'verbose' => 'verbose', 'n|name=s' => 'name', ); sub run { my ( $self, $arg ) = @_; print "verbose" if $self->{verbose}; my $name = $self->{name}; # get arg following long option --name # any thing your want this command do } # See App::CLI for information of how to invoke (sub)command. DESCRIPTION
subcommand() return old genre subcommand of $self; cascading() return instance of cascading subcommand invoked if it was listed in your constant subcommands. cascadable() return package name of subcommand if the subcommand invoked is in you constant subcommands otherwise, return undef brief_usage ($file) Display an one-line brief usage of the command object. Optionally, a file could be given to extract the usage from the POD. usage ($want_detail) Display usage. If $want_detail is true, the "DESCRIPTION" section is displayed as well. loc_text $text Localizes the body of (formatted) text in $text, and returns the localized version. filename Return the filename for the command module. SEE ALSO
App::CLI Getopt::Long AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> Cornelius Lin <cornelius.howl@gmail.com> shelling <navyblueshellingford@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2006 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2010-12-02 App::CLI::Command(3)