Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Unix/Linux Newbie(ish) Question - IPC/Signals Post 13603 by theultimatechuf on Sunday 20th of January 2002 10:38:06 PM
Old 01-20-2002
MySQL

Thank you very much, might seem obvious but hey - i'm new to all this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie question about unix flavours

Hi, I am newbie to unix. I am been immensily impressed by this forum. I have installed sun solaris in my pc and started learning unix. The question is, If i know one unix flavour (say sun solaris) is that i can claim, i know all the unix and linux flavours. Can i be able to work on other vendor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux newbie question...

I'm running Vector Linux on this computer, and everythign works fine, except for the NIC. I run netconfig, and then when I reboot it says: DC21140 at 0x9400(PCI BUS 0, device 11) h/w address 00:00:C0:2E:13:dC, and reqquires IRQ 9(provided by PCI BIOS) Setting up net subsytems. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corey
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie's question about COBOL Installation in Unix

I wanna to install a COBOL on the AIX unix server. Would u like to tell me the disk usage of COBOL installation? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

4. Programming

signals related question

Hi all, Just a little question relative to signals. I know that if an application is in the sleep state, When a signal is catched, it will be processed by the handler. But what happens if it's processing something? Does the processing stops?? The following code should illustrate this case ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Question form unix newbie

hi, just starting to learn about unix in school. got stuck on shell script chapter and need some help i completed task one but the other four is byond me. Task 1) Write a shell script/program called dow that takes no arguments and displays just the current day of the week in lower case (i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesleywu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question using signals in my own shell..

Wasn't really sure where to put this, since I'm using C in UNIX, but I am making my own shell... so, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blind melon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about signals in Unix

Whats a signal 0. An exhaustive search on signals landed me nowhere. Is it possible to do something like this trap "echo $var" 0. If so what signal does this trap catch ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
2 Replies

9. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

10. Programming

C++ signals Linux

how can do this programs in c++ Program description: Infinite loop in a program starts working with 2 seconds the screen (console) "I 'm trying" to write, but it automatically after 10 seconds, the screen "Close" will terminate the execution of typing. c++ code (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss54
3 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. DIAGNOSTICS
If the utility is invoked, the exit status of env shall be the exit status of utility; otherwise, the env utility exits with one of the fol- lowing values: 0 The env utility completed successfully 1-125 An error occurred in the env utility. 126 The utility specified by utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility specified by utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
August 27, 1993 BSD