Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed script maybe?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed script maybe? Post 13561 by HOlli on Friday 18th of January 2002 05:01:21 PM
Old 01-18-2002
Sed script maybe?

I have a lot of script files that were created by Extract in a dir that no longer exists. Now that I have to run these scripts they 'all' have to be changed. I'm looking for a way to do a 'mass' change if possible.

So far, I've dumped all of the script file names to a file and sorted them to eliminate duplicates. Is there some way to have a script read that file as input to the sed command?

Any/all help is appreciated greatly.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in sed script

I am having a shell script that connects to database half hourly and pulls out the backlog from some tables. Now that logfile is growing too big and I need to housekeep it! effectively I want to keep last 30 days data in that file and move rest to archived file. The file contents are as below.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi123
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script

/\/\*/!b :x /\*\//!{ N bx } s/\/\*.*\*\/// This scipt should remove c like commnets /**/ i know what de last line does but i dont't know what the first lines do Can anyone explain please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clauchiorean
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in a script

I am trying to run a sed command within a script to edit a file. I am trying to put the value of MYUSER into the sshd_config file. Instead of putting the value of the variable, MYUSER, it puts in the string ${MYUSER}. Anyone know a good solution to this? cat ${SSHD_CONFIG} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike_the_Man
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script

how to convert the follow sed script file into a command line ? example: /^\.TS/,/^\.TE/{ /^$/p } I have tried the below but it is not working: # sed -n "/^\.TS/,/^\.TE/{/^$/p}" file file: 111 .TS 222 $333 << extract this line 444 .TE 555 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed script

:rolleyes: I have a series of folders /temp/a /temp/b /temp/c In folders a, b, and c, I have files a1.txt..........a20.txt b1.txt..........b40.txt & c1.txt..........c60.txt Each file has the same data format :- Line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinder182533
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in script

I'm trying to write a simple script that replaces a string. The script works for uninterrupted strings, but as soon as sed encounters a space it stops reading the new string. I've tried double quotations in sed and backslashes before the $, however these don't work. Below is the script. Any help... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsell002
9 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sed script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a sed script that will display a list of all users in the /etc/passwd file that belong to the group... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers34kb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script

I am beginner for Unix. I practicing unix shell script. I worked out some sed script example from internet. Everything fine. But in real unix environment, where sed script is mainly used.? Can anyone give some examples for the usage of sed script in real unix environment. It will be useful for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED script

Hi , i am stuck in this simple script. #!/bin/ksh echo "enter the file name" read flname echo "enter version" read ver grep $flname /home/con/snsc/perl/map > flplist dirname `cat flplist` | sed 's/\/so${vers}\//\/so${vers}_xyz\//' > dirlist the map file is basically a list of file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu182
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script help

I am having a file as stated below : File 1: ########################## idnd a integer 2; list 1 ; list2 ; chip top alist( .a(1) , .b(2) , .c(3) , .d(1) , .e(7) , .n(80), .d(1) , .g(7) , .n(80), .f(1) , .e(7) , .m(80)); lis 7 nfj ; jdjd kn; jsjd l ; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)