Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users installation on a laptop!!!!! HELP!!!!!! Post 13553 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 18th of January 2002 03:45:39 PM
Old 01-18-2002
I would go buy a version of either RedHat or Mandrake at yor local bookstore.

They are only $30 or so. They load great on a laptop. Very easy to install.

Incidentally, I had an old distribution of Solaris that loaded fine on my Dell Latitude 500 MHZ.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linix on a laptop

Hi, I am planning on installing Caldera OpenLinux on a laptop. I have installed Linux on a desktop with Win98 already on. I want to make the laptop a dedicated linux box so i want to install it without a OS prevoiusly being on there. I was wondering whether anyone had any recomendations or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajw11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Laptop Compatability

I would like to know if anybody has had success loading Solaris 8 onto a laptop? If so, what was the make and the model:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
5 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X in laptop

Does it worth, to buy a laptop with Mac OS X? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
4 Replies

4. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

5. BSD

FreeBSD on a Laptop

In this post, hitechredneck said: I lost the C drive in my venerable Inspiron 8200 :eek: I have installed a temporary replacement C drive and I have a Seagate ST910021A on order for it. If I can get that drive to work with my Inspiron 8200, I am going to install a quad boot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Im new at this and need help with my laptop

Ok, I recently purchased a lapto and the harddrive crashed. I bought a new one and now half of the functions on it wont work. I cant watch DVD's and non eof my Fn keys work. Any suggestions? Also wanting to learn how to program, anybody know a good way to go about it/learn computer languages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beachbummer88
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Laptop for unix

I like Unix systems very much. Is there possibility, to buy new modern laptop (something like core i7 3.0GHz, ATI/NVIDIA graphic card with 1024MB, 8GB of RAM) on which I will be able to install Unix systems like BSD and Solaris and use mic and cameras and all stuff with this systems? Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcinnnn
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

How to Right Click On Laptop

I have had an apple mac book for several months. I have been learning about it, I even got the snow leopard manual. It says nothing about right clicking on the apple mouse interface(trackpad?). How do I do this? Thank You.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)