Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling Pcap.c
Top Forums Programming Compiling Pcap.c Post 13550 by PxT on Friday 18th of January 2002 03:40:16 PM
Old 01-18-2002
> perl Makefile.PL
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lpcap
> Writing Makefile for Net::Pcap

Ok, so far so good. Now just run "make".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pcap.h

I cant use pcap.h include file. How can I do so? :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pervez Sajjad
8 Replies

2. Programming

Filtering paquets with pcap.h

Hello everybody!! I am currently doing my intership and I need some tips for Pcap.h. I search some tips tp filter my paquets in a C program with the Pcap.h librairy. The onlys thing I have found is thaht I can filter low level protocol with their name like (tcp/udp..). But for the higher... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danathane
3 Replies

3. Programming

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering pcap files

Hi, I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was given the task to sort through captured packets via IP addresses. I was wondering if anyone could help me with writing a code which filters through pcap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hershey101
1 Replies

6. Programming

searching through pcap files

Hi, I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was given the task to sort through captured packets via IP addresses. I was wondering if anyone could help me with writing a code which filters through pcap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hershey101
4 Replies

7. Programming

Packet capturing using pcap

Hi, i am using a linux CentOS machine. I have 2 real network interfaces eth0, eth1 and 2 virtual interfaces tap0 and tap1. I am using PCAP library to capture the packets on theses interfaces. If i specify the interface as "any", i cannot find a way to know from which interface the packet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulnitk2004
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling pcap file

Hi, I have a standard pcap file created using tcpdump. The file looks like 06:49:36.487629 IP 202.1.175.252 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 52765, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.489552 IP 192.120.148.227 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 512, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.491812 IP... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
8 Replies

9. Programming

Ascii vs Pcap tracing

Dear All, Which is better to use ? Ascii or Pcap tracing ? Or are they complementary ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knowledgeSeeker
1 Replies

10. Programming

PCAP -> PFRING

Hi I have a program that captures packets with the libpcap library by calling the pcap-functions, e.g. pcap_next(...). I would like to use PF_RING for the program and therefore I would have to adjust the calling functions to pfring_open(...) pfring_recv(...) I'm pretty knew in network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freaky123
0 Replies
XMKMF(1)						      General Commands Manual							  XMKMF(1)

NAME
xmkmf - create a Makefile from an Imakefile SYNOPSIS
xmkmf [ -a ] [ topdir [ curdir ] ] DESCRIPTION
The xmkmf command is the normal way to create a Makefile from an Imakefile shipped with third-party software. When invoked with no arguments in a directory containing an Imakefile, the imake program is run with arguments appropriate for your system (configured into xmkmf when X was built) and generates a Makefile. When invoked with the -a option, xmkmf builds the Makefile in the current directory, and then automatically executes ``make Makefiles'' (in case there are subdirectories), ``make includes'', and ``make depend'' for you. This is the normal way to configure software that is out- side the X Consortium build tree. If working inside the X Consortium build tree (unlikely unless you are an X developer, and even then this option is never really used), the topdir argument should be specified as the relative pathname from the current directory to the top of the build tree. Optionally, curdir may be specified as a relative pathname from the top of the build tree to the current directory. It is necessary to supply curdir if the current directory has subdirectories, or the Makefile will not be able to build the subdirectories. If a topdir is given, xmkmf assumes nothing is installed on your system and looks for files in the build tree instead of using the installed versions. SEE ALSO
imake(1) X Version 11 imake 1.0.2 XMKMF(1)