Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vi editor - ex Command help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vi editor - ex Command help Post 13544 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 18th of January 2002 03:26:10 PM
Old 01-18-2002
I am so glad you asked!

here it is.

:g /yes/s//no/g

Thats it!!Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

editor command

I want to copy lines say from 2-5 to line after 20 in vi editor. Can I achieve this in a single command in vi editor. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tselvanin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim as command line editor

Here is my problem, I manage a SunOs 5.8 Server, vi is the default command line editor, I have a line on each users .kshrc profile as follows: export EDITOR=/bin/vi I want to use vim as the command line editor, the below line doesn't work export EDITOR=/bin/vim Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tony3101
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search command on vi editor

Hi all, Here is an example, I would wan to search for all string consists of IMP but not IMP-00015. Values other than 00015 is fine, is there anyone knows how to do that? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy ex editor command

I've this command in a script which edits the file ... bash$ cat temp_file.txt THREAD #2 2 Running bash$ (echo "s/THREAD #2/d"; echo 'wq') | ex -s temp_file.txt bash$ cat temp_file.txt THREAD #2 2 Running If i've more than 1 line it easily deletes the line, but if it is the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to quit from vi editor

Hi Folks I have opened a log file in Vi editor vi abc.logPlease advise me how to finally quit from Vi editor, which command is there..! Is it :q<Enter> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert charactera in 1st position of specific lines using vi editor or sed command

Dear all, i am having text file like below surya rama ranga laxman rajesh reddy i want add string (OK) before a text from line 3 to 5 the result will be surya rama OK ranga OK laxman OK rajesh reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Accessing Isql command via VI editor

Hi Guru's, I'm new at Unix. I am tasked to monitor the filesystem utilization on OS level (Unix) and DB (Sybase) for multiple systems. I am thinking to use vi editor and make a file, execute that file and all the file systems I need to monitor will be be shown. My script inside vi goes in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xworks
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular command creation for editor vi

Hi, I need help. I need to build command for line command editor vi. I want to take the whole string and assemble it in a regular expression. He then folded into another shape. Can anyone help me? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pabloss
4 Replies
bup-ls(1)						      General Commands Manual							 bup-ls(1)

NAME
bup-ls - list the contents of a bup repository SYNOPSIS
bup ls [-s] [-a] DESCRIPTION
bup ls lists files and directories in your bup repository using the same directory hierarchy as they would have with bup-fuse(1). The top level directory contains the branch (corresponding to the -n option in bup save), the next level is the date of the backup, and subsequent levels correspond to files in the backup. When bup ls is asked to output on a tty, it formats its output in columns so that it can list as much as possible in as few lines as possi- ble. However, when bup ls is asked to output to something other than a tty (say you pipe the output to another command, or you redirect it to a file), it will output one file name per line. This makes the listing easier to parse with external tools. Note that bup ls doesn't show hidden files by default and one needs to use the -a option to show them. Files are hidden when their name begins with a dot. For example, on the topmost level, the special directories named .commit and .tag are hidden directories. Once you have identified the file you want using bup ls, you can view its contents using bup join or git show. OPTIONS
-s, --hash show hash for each file/directory. -a, --all show hidden files. EXAMPLE
bup ls /myserver/latest/etc/profile bup ls -a / SEE ALSO
bup-join(1), bup-fuse(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-save(1), git-show(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-ls(1)