Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doskey
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doskey Post 13458 by cns on Thursday 17th of January 2002 10:51:27 AM
Old 01-17-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by thehoghunter
Using the ESC key and - will work only if you set -o vi (in ksh).
The man page on history will give more information for csh and I don't believe you can do this in sh at all.
Indeed. Forgot about that Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOSKEY

I am a new UNIX user. I use SCO Openserver 5. I am also a longtime MS-DOS user (since 1981). There was a program with DOS called DOSKEY. It allowed you to assign a code to an F key; every time you pressed that F key you got the code on the command line. You could put in whatever command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimwelch4
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command similar to doskey

Hello all, I need a help in unix. is there any command in unix similar to doskey in MS Dos. It taked pain to enter the big command again and again.. the up and down arrows do not bring the previous commands on the prompt. so pls let me know if there is any command to enable the doskey kind of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halel
4 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)