Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming transfer an open file description between two process Post 13441 by xu_wen_dong on Thursday 17th of January 2002 07:28:23 AM
Old 01-17-2002
Question transfer an open file description between two process

How can I transfer an open file description between two process?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change File Description

When I am browsing the web and I end up in a directory with no HTML index file (ie index.html), I see something like this: Index of /k Name Last modified Size Description -------------------------------------------------------------------- 115-1564_CRW.jpg ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PearPie
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max No of Open File Descriptors in a process

I have set the maximum no of file descriptors open in a process to the value 8192 using the following lines set rlim_fd_max=8192 set rlim_fd_cur=8192 in the /etc/system file. I rebooted the machine and the command ulimit -n / -Hn both display the limits as 8192. However when I run my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmankumar12
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor open file handles used by a process

We have a process that is running out of file handles. Is there some command line way to determine this that we can include into a cron script? Please let me know JAK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file that is already open by another process

hi, I'm using HP unix tru64 & Win XP. i'm download a file from winxp to unix using ftp. how to know whether a remote file is currently being used by the process or not? (my loaction unix server) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
7 Replies

5. Solaris

file open/read/write/close/access by process

Hi want to know what file (descriptor+filename+socket) is being accessed by particular process on solaris. Purpose : while running perf. test, needs to find where is the bottleneck. We are providing concurrnet load for around 1 hr and needs to capture data related to file usage pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raxitsheth
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if some file is in copy process, then transfer it

my user copy large files, and it's take 10min for file to be copied to the server (/tmp/user/ files/), if in the meantime start my scheduled script, then it will copy a part of some file to server1 my idea is to check the file size twice in a short period (1-2 seconds) of time, then compare, if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
5 Replies

8. SCO

sco unix backward compatibility on "max open file per process"

Hi How to increase maximum number of open file in "sco xenix binary" running in "sco unix openserver 5.0.7" ? I have changed "NOFILES" kernel parameter to 512, but xenix binray can't open more than 60. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cryption and description for csv file

Hi, Requirement is encrypt key should pick value from file instead of passing their in command. how can i create .p file which contains crypt value. i.e. crypt <trade.csv> tr.x $CKEY fcrypt.p crypt < tr.x $CKEY fcrypt.p i want to encrypt and decrpt csv file and i am using following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
2 Replies
gss_export_sec_context(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 gss_export_sec_context(3)

NAME
gss_export_sec_context() - transfer a security context to another process on a single machine SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION The deactivates the security context for the calling process and creates an interprocess token which, when passed to in another process, will re-activate the context in the second process. Only a single instantiation of a given context may be active at any one time; a subsequent attempt by a context exporter to access the exported security context will fail. is created such that it is functionally identical to the original context. If creation of the interprocess token is successful, the implementation shall deallocate all process-wide resources associated with the security context, and set the context_handle to The ability to transfer a security context is indicated when the context is created, by or setting the bit in their ret_flags parameter. Input Parameters context_handle Specifies the context handle identifying the context to transfer. interprocess_token Specifies the token to be transferred to target process. Output Parameters minor_status Returns a status code from the security mechanism. STATUS CODES
The following status codes can be returned: The routine was completed successfully. The context has expired The supplied context handle did not refer to a valid context. The operation is not supported. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
gss_import_sec_context(3). The manpages for DCE-GSSAPI are included with the DCE-CoreTools product. To see those manpages add to gss_export_sec_context(3)