Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Seperating Files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Seperating Files Post 13423 by biglemon on Wednesday 16th of January 2002 09:21:36 PM
Old 01-16-2002
O...thank you everyone for helping....
i have figure out the problem...
i think i can finish the rest...

btw... any good (new) UNIX tutorial Book that u can introduce to me?

Last edited by biglemon; 01-17-2002 at 01:44 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

seperating the words from a line??

The line is like this +abc+def+mgh+ddsdsd+sa i.e. words seperated by +. There is a plus in the beginning. i want to conver this line to abc, def, mgh, ddsdsd, sa please provide the logic in the form of a shell script Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperating one word into columns

Hi, Our issue is that we want to separate a string of characters, like xyxyxyxxxxyyxyxy into a column, x y x y ... I'm sure there's an easy awk fix for this, but being inexperienced, I figured I would ask on here. Thanks a lot in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NovaGhostii
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seperating records with numbers from a set of numbers

I have two files one (numbers file)contains the numbers(approximately 30000) and the other file(record file) contains the records(approximately 40000)which may or may not contain the numbers from that file. I want to seperate the records which has the field 1=(any of the number from numbers... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve all the linked script files/ctl files/sql files?

Hi I am going to migrate our datawarehouse system from HP Tru 64 Unix to the Red Hat Linux. Inside the box, it is running around 40 cron jobs; inside each cron job, it is calling other shell script files, and the shell script files may again call other shell script files or ctl files(for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franksubramania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an unix server.

Hi, Could someone please assist on a quick way of How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an UNIX(AIX) server.The file data needs to be extracted in flat text file or CSV or excel format . Usually we have programs in microfocus COBOL to extract data, but would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
Bio::Biblio::BookArticle(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Bio::Biblio::BookArticle(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Biblio::BookArticle - Representation of a book article SYNOPSIS
$obj = Bio::Biblio::BookArticle->new(-identifier => '123abc', -book => Bio::Biblio::Book->new()); #--- OR --- $obj = Bio::Biblio::BookArticle->new(); $obj->book (Bio::Biblio::Book->new()); DESCRIPTION
A storage object for a book article. See its place in the class hierarchy in http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~senger/openbqs/images/bibobjects_perl.gif Attributes The following attributes are specific to this class (however, you can also set and get all attributes defined in the parent classes): book type: Bio::Biblio::Book SEE ALSO
o OpenBQS home page: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~senger/openbqs/ o Comments to the Perl client: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~senger/openbqs/Client_perl.html FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHORS
Heikki Lehvaslaiho (heikki-at-bioperl-dot-org), Martin Senger (senger@ebi.ac.uk) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 European Bioinformatics Institute. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. DISCLAIMER
This software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Biblio::BookArticle(3pm)