Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scp error Post 13370 by LivinFree on Wednesday 16th of January 2002 05:55:14 AM
Old 01-16-2002
It looks (by your prompt) that you're using the csh, or a variant thereof. I'm not very familiar with scp, but a quick google gave me two results - one of them follows:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-...0/02/0016.html
The other was similar, but posed as a question and provided no answer.

Hope this helps a little...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SCP error - tcsh: No such device

I am trying to transfer a file between two Solaris machines using SCP. I tried different options, like forcing remote host to use SCP version 1 and SCP version 2. Using IP address for remote host instead of hostname. But nothing helps. Moreover, there doesnt seem to be much of a help available on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayesch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin scp script error

I'm using cygwin scp to copy a file down from a AIX server to my laptop. I've got he script working from the command line. The file I'm copying is Processed.Apr21 and I'm copying it to /event_transfer folder on my laptop. scp username@149.131.224.104:/var/Tivoli/logs/Events/processed.Apr21... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cav.turbo
3 Replies

3. Debian

error using scp

hello fiends , i am facing this for the first time regarding the scp. when i am copying file1 from one machine to another machine in the same LAN scp file1 192.168.4.40:/root i am geting the error as /root/.bashrc: line 17: toilet: command not found /root/.bashrc: line 19: toilet:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error using SCP command

Hi - I've a UNIX script which contains a scp command to copy a file to another server: scp <source path> <destination server:/path> (scp dir1/file1.dat server2:/dir1/subdir1) The job which is running this script is getting failed with error message "Remote copy Failed - Error Code: 7". When... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: salselor
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp/scp Command Error

Hi, How to use ftp/scp command with password containing @ symbol. Ex: ftp xyz:xyz@sun@11.211.111.11:/export/backups/ Exception I got: unknown host or invalid literal address Note: I dont want to change the password. Regards, Vinodh' Kumar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp throws error

My script is like STAMP=$(perl -e '($ss, $mm, $hh, $DD, $MM, $YY) = localtime(time() - 100); printf "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", $YY + 1900, $MM + 1, $DD, $hh, $mm') touch $STAMP /sasdata/copydata/ find /sasdata/copydata -type f ! -newer /sasdata/copydata/ -print > output3.txt awk '{print "scp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP error: No such file or directory

Hi, I am trying to do scp using the following script: #!/usr/local/bin/bash BUILDDATE=20120220 for line in `cat arch_host_plat_src_dest` do src=`echo $line | cut -d: -f4` dest=`echo $line | cut -d: -f5` echo scp -p /builds/${BUILDDATE}/Integration/$src ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Technext
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp error while trying to copy files

Hi, I am trying to copy files from one server to other using the below code. scp -B -p user@remoteserver:/tmp/abc.txt /landing/files The above command is failing with error You're not allowed to run 'scp -p -f /tmp/abc.txt ' When I am using scp -B -p , why am I getting error msg as scp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nikhath
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp error when using wildcard

Hello, Every time my script runs I want it to go and copy all the files from a remote server directory to my local directory. Whenever I have files in the remote directory the command scp -p $proxy_user@$proxy_server:"$remote_dir/*" ${local_dir} executes with 0; when I have no files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
2 Replies

10. AIX

Error during scp

Help needed for scp error. I tried to scp a file from a server to another with scp command, but I receive a error message "Non-Interactive Shell Disallowed!". I do not know what did I do wrong, please assist. I have done this before on other servers and have never faced this error. Both are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)