Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Numbering!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Numbering! Post 13344 by biglemon on Wednesday 16th of January 2002 01:47:16 AM
Old 01-16-2002
it is possible to have any other alternative method to do the number formating for what i needed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbering of process

:confused: How does UNIX handle the numbering of processes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweety111
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering

I'm trying to do a script that will look for a log file if it is already there change the name to another name. I.E if log.0 is there rename to log.1 rename log.1 to log.2 rename log.2 to log.3 and so on. Only thing is I got no idea where or what is the best command to use for this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering Lines

Hello everyone, I want get numbered lines from a file. and i can do it with: sed = file.txt | sed "/./N; s/\n/ /" | sed -n "5,7p" but the output that i get is something similar to: 5 line5 6 line6 7 line7 and i want something like this (with 2points after the number): 5:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibra
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering duplicates

Hi, I have this large file and sometimes there are duplicates and I want to basically find them and figure how many there are. So I have a file with multiple columns and the last column (9) has the duplicates. eg. yan tar tar man ban tan tub tub tub Basically what I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering the rows

If I a list of components, is there anyway to number (like automatically have: 1,2,3,...) the rows of my data? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with numbering a file

Hi, All I need to do is number a file. The file looks like this > JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ > JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ > MMMMYKKKJKKK what I want to do is number it so that theres a numerical value beside the >. >1 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ >2 JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incremental numbering?

Would it be possible for a script to duplicate a file and incrementally number it? File in: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0016.aep File out: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0017.aep If someone knows of a way I'd love to see it. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential numbering from 1 to ten

Hi I am in a bind, I need create a script that will rename files as they come into a folder with sequential numbering at the begining starting at 1 and proceeding to ten then starting at 1 again. Such as 1_filename.pdf, 2_filename.pdf, 3_filename.pdf, 4_filename.pdf, 5_filename.pdf, 6_filename.pdf,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering by field

I'm not really sure how to explain this but I will try. In the attached file if $4=$4 and $5="-" then the last record is 1 and the one above that is 2, etc... However, $4=$4 and $5="-" then the first record is 1 and the one below that is 2, etc... "-" example: chr10 90694830 90695123... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
SVN::Notify::Alternative(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     SVN::Notify::Alternative(3pm)

Name
       SVN::Notify::Alternative - MIME multipart/alternative notification

Synopsis
       Use svnnotify in post-commit:

svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" 
	   --to developers@example.com --handler Alternative [options]

For example:

svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" 
	   --to developers@example.com --handler Alternative 
	   --alternative HTML::ColorDiff

Use the class in a custom script:

use SVN::Notify::Alternative;

my $notifier = SVN::Notify::Alternative->new(%params);
	 $notifier->prepare;
	 $notifier->execute;

Description
       This subclass of SVN::Notify sends MIME multipart/alternative email messages for Subversion activity. The messages contain both the
       standard SVN::Notify plain text change notification and one or more alternative formats of the message. The default alternative format is
       HTML.

Note that this means that many or all of the processing of a subversion commit will be executed multiple times, once for the plain text
       version and then again for each alternative version. This will therefore increase resource usage on your Subversion server (mainly
       processor time, but also possibly memory).

It also means that the size of the outgoing message will increase for each alternative. If you're using "--with-diff", then those messages
       could be very large indeed for large commits. If, however, you use "--attach-diff", the diff will only be attached to the last alternative.

Usage
       To use SVN::Notify::Alternative, simply follow the instructions in SVN::Notify, but when using svnnotify, use the "--alternative" option to
       add one or more alternative formats.

Class Interface
   Constructor
       new

my $notifier = SVN::Notify::Alternative->new(%params);

Constructs and returns a new SVN::Notify object. All parameters supported by SVN::Notity are supported here, as are the options of all
       specified alternative formats, but SVN::Notify::Alternative supports an additional parameter:

alternatives
	     svnnotify --alternative HTML
	     svnnotify --alt HTML --alt HTML::ColorDiff

An array reference that specifies the SVN::Notify handlers (subclasses) to be used for formatting the alternative parts of the
	   notification message. The command-line option may be called as either "--alternative" or "--alt", and the value is the same as that of
	   the SVN::Notify "--handler" parameter, i.e.	the module name without the "SVN::Notify::" prefix. Specify the option multiple times to
	   specify multiple alternative handlers. Defaults to "['HTML']" if not specified.

Instance Interface
   Instance Methods
       output

$notifier->output($file_handle);

Overrides the "output()" method of SVN::Notify to replace the standard message output with a MIME "multipart/alternative" skeleton. It then
       creates new instances of the standard SVN::Notify plain text formatter and each of the configured alternative formatters, and uses those
       instances to fill in the alternative parts of the message. If "attach_diff" is true, it will be used only in the last alternative to be
       output, which should also be the richest format.

Accessors
       In addition to those supported by SVN::Notify, SVN::Notify::Alternative supports the following accessors:

alternatives

my $alts = $notify->alternatives;
	 $notify->alternatives($alts);

Gets or sets the value of the "alternatives" attribute, which must always be set to an array reference.

See Also
       SVN::Notify

Authors
       Jukka Zitting <jz@yukatan.fi>

David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com>

Copyright and License
       Copyright (c) 2005-2009 Jukka Zitting and Kineticode, Inc. Some Rights Reserved.

This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

perl v5.10.1							    2011-03-15					     SVN::Notify::Alternative(3pm)