Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating log while install
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users creating log while install Post 13266 by barun007 on Monday 14th of January 2002 09:58:44 PM
Old 01-14-2002
I tried it,but could not use the script command inside the shell script.

script command does not wait till my install script exits.

thanks for ur reply

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating Red Hat install CD

Good morning, I'm currently "Trying" to download Red Hat. Which files should I burn on the CD for the install. I imagine it's the IOS files, but I'd like to make sure. I have 2 files, Disk_1 (647 mb) and Disk_2 (641 mb). Do I burn these files to a disk as is or do I need to do something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFR574
1 Replies

2. Solaris

creating log files for a backup script on solaris

I have a simple backup script that I am running to back up drives across the network. However I need to have detailed log files for this script such as time backup started, what was backed up, if there were any errors and the time that the backup was complete. I would also like the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valicon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script for creating a log file

I have a schell script that runs continously on an AIX system. It is actually started from another shell script with the "ksh -x" command and then I just write the output to a log file. This causes the log files to be filled with mostly useless information. I would like to modify this script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

4. Linux

Creating MD-raid devices - post install

Hi everyone. I have a machine which upon to recently only had one hard disk. Now I have another one identical in size and speed and want create a raid set from those two. The partition layout is that I have three partitions, first one for /boot, the second for / and then a huge LVM partition... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sprellarinn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with creating new log file

Hello, The problem I am having now is... daily log file (xxxx.0228) exceeds it's max limit, stops logging and brings the daemon down. It won't start the daemon untill a new log file is created which happens at midnight. Once new daily log file starts, it brings up the daemon back up and starts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: john89011
0 Replies

6. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Log files from Scripts

Hi I would like to create a log file to track the execution of my script. Example, if there were any errors, if it passed or failed etc. How do I go about doing this. My log file will be saved to this location: /var/log/import.log How do I specify the directory? I have been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with creating script to delete log files/folders

Hi I am new to Linux / scripting language. I need to improve our Linux servers at work and looking to claim some space my deleting log files/ folders on a 5 day basis. Can someone help me with creating a script to do so. Any sample script will be helpful.:b: Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinksl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a log file and creating a report script

The log file is huge and lot of information, i would like to parse and make a report . below is the log file looks like: REPORT DATE: Mon Aug 10 04:16:17 CDT 2017 SYSTEN VER: v1.3.0.9 TERMINAL TYPE: prod SYSTEM: nb11cu51 UPTIME: 04:16AM up 182 days 57 mins min MODEL, TYPE, and SN:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
8 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. The grub source distribution carries this script to ease the installation of grub as a boot loader. In Suse Linux however, grub installa- tion is much better handled by Yast; use of this script is generally discouraged and therefore unsupported. Consequently, the script has been renamed to grub-install.unsupported. In order to (re-)install grub for the currently running system, simply use Yast. For an installation aiming at a differing system, the crafting of an appropriate device.map and grub shell script is strongly advised, e.g. "grub --batch --device-map=target-device.map < tar- get-grub.conf" SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) May 2005 GRUB-INSTALL(8)