Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 download
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 8 download Post 13265 by Gavan on Monday 14th of January 2002 09:07:32 PM
Old 01-14-2002
I just found out that you can only download the SPARC binaries and you have to get the Intel OE through the mail in a media pack. I guess though thought they were losing money on it and stopped latting people download it. Oh well, thanx for the help anyway. I guess i'll just use Linux.

Later

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem of download solaris

hi, I want to install solaris 8 for sparc,you can get it on the website http://www.sun.com,there are three files need to download, one install file,two soft files,I use FLASHGET to download them, then use WINZIP 8.0 to unzip them, the two soft files can be unzipped successfully,but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I download in Solaris?

I'm just trying to get SSH setup on Solaris and I want to download it. For some reason, if I ever goto a site and try to download something, it doesn't work. When I click on the download link it just goes to a blank page and sits there. Can anyone help a Solaris newb out? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
1 Replies

3. Programming

Where can I download OpenMotif for Solaris ?

The ones on Motif Zone are for MacOS, Linux and FreeBSD only. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: endeavour1985
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to download softwares on Solaris

I am connected to Internet on newly built solaris machine. I have downloaded putty.exe on Desktop and then when I double clicked it ... It gave some errors of 'Associating Application...' what is all that? and How to run Putty now? I dont remember... but may be I did something on association window... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchpan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Please,cannot install solaris 10 after download

I download sun solaris 10(sol-10-u5-ga-x86-dvd-iso-a), then I extract the file but I cannot install. after that I burn it to DVD than reboot the computer to make it install but it dosenot work. Please tell me how can I do:mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sackNumchai
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris OS download

Can someone guide me to a link where i can download older update for solaris 10 os i need solaris 10u4-6 . I couldn't find one on sun.com (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 .iso download

Does anyone know where we can find Solaris 8 for SPARC? I managed only to find Solaris 10 on sun/oracle site :( (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Download of Solaris 9/9

Hi All, Can somebody tell me, if Solaris -9 (Update 9) is available for download for Sparc ? If yes, please guide me. I need to upgrade my Solaris-9 update-7 to Solaris-9 update-9 for a specific requirement. On support.oracle.com, I can only see Solaris-10 and Solaris-11 under Download... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Which Solaris 11 download package to use

Hi, One quick question: Which download package should I use to install the whole Solaris 11 OS? Can I use the Text Install package that is only 400 MB? or I need to use the Solaris 11 11/11 Repository Image package? I am in hurry to do it but somewhat confused here. Thank you in advance! ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Looking for X.25 Download (Solaris 8)

Hello Forum Folks, I'm hoping to find a trustworthy download of a (Solstice?) X.25 package suitable for Solaris 8. I've been searching the Internet for many weeks (I am subscribed to "UNIX Packages", previously 'sunfreeware' and could not find anything). Would anyone know or have this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
3 Replies
download(1)							   User Commands						       download(1)

NAME
download - host resident PostScript font downloader SYNOPSIS
download [-f] [-p printer] [-m name] [-H directory] [file...] /usr/lib/lp/postscript/download DESCRIPTION
download prepends host resident fonts to files and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. download assumes the input files make up a single PostScript job and that requested fonts can be included at the start of each input file. Requested fonts are named in a comment (marked with %%DocumentFonts:) in the input files. Available fonts are the ones listed in the map table selected using the -m option. The map table consists of fontname-file pairs. The fontname is the full name of the PostScript font, exactly as it would appear in a %%Doc- umentFonts: comment. The file is the pathname of the host resident font. A file that begins with a / is used as is. Otherwise the pathname is relative to the host font directory. Comments are introduced by % (as in PostScript) and extend to the end of the line. The only candidates for downloading are fonts listed in the map table that point download to readable files. A font is downloaded once, at most. Requests for unlisted fonts or inaccessible files are ignored. All requests are ignored if the map table can not be read. OPTIONS
-f Force a complete scan of each input file. In the absence of an explicit comment pointing download to the end of the file, the default scan stops immediately after the PostScript header comments. -p printer Check the list of printer-resident fonts in /etc/lp/printers/printer/residentfonts before downloading. -m name Use name as the font map table. A name that begins with / is the full pathname of the map table and is used as is. Other- wise name is appended to the pathname of the host font directory. -H directory Use dir as the host font directory. The default is /usr/lib/lp/postscript. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the download command. The following map table could be used to control the downloading of the Bookman font family: % % The first string is the full PostScript font name. The second string % is the file name - relative to the host font directory unless it begins % with a /. % Bookman-Light bookman/light Bookman-LightItalic bookman/lightitalic Bookman-Demi bookman/demi Bookman-DemiItalic bookman/demiitalic Using the file myprinter/map (in the default host font directory) as the map table, you could download fonts by issuing the following command: example% download -m myprinter/map file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), posttek(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The download program should be part of a more general program. download does not look for %%PageFonts: comments and there is no way to force multiple downloads of a particular font. Using full pathnames in either map tables or the names of map tables is not recommended. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 download(1)