Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers timer_gettime unresolved error Post 131 by basavaraj_m on Thursday 26th of October 2000 10:10:42 PM
Old 10-26-2000
Network

I have used get_time() in my program but when I try to compile it it is giving the following error:
ld:
Unresolved:
timer_gettime

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ unresolved symbol

I have this problem: # make gcc -g -D_REENTRANT -DDISABLE_MJPEG=1 -I. -o encmain.o -c encmain.cc ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::string::_Rep::_S_max_size collect2: ld returned 8 exit status but from /usr/local/include/g++v3/bits/basic_string.h : namespace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. Programming

Unresolved Symbol on HP UX & oracle7

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I do not succeed to linking the oracle7's library for my .so and a Unresolved Symbol :sqlcxt error returns me when I call program. this is my makefile. cc -Ae -I/usr/include/curses_colr -L/usr/lib -DUSE_TERMIOS -D_FILE64 -DDYNAMIC_LIBRARIES_SUPPORTED... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycs
2 Replies

3. Programming

How To Find Unresolved symbol in shared library?

1 . I use Digital Unix V4.0F 2 . I compile a programe which use a shared library . But when I run it( prog.out) , the shell told me that "Fatal Error : /sbin/loader : unresolved symbol in lib3cZap.so" But When I compile proj.out and lib3cZap.so , the compiler said nothing . And I ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

5. Programming

unresolved symbol on AIX 5.2

Hi, want to port an executable from AIX 5.3 to AIX 5.2. This seems to be no problem, when i build one executable. But in another case i have to link one library statically and the rest is loaded at runtime. This works for AIX 5.3 but on AIX 5.2 i get the following error ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm_user
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unresolved symbol problem

Hi I am trying to make an executable which has informix esqlc and .per files. I am using informix version 9.3. The make is successful, but when i execute, i get an error message /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: ibm_lib4gl_loadint4 (code) from RVprnrecvr Abort(coredump) I searched for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatakrishnan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

database connection (unresolved sqlcxt)

i have a little pro*c code (as shown below) to connect an oracle database. (in unix solaris platform) in the preprocessor compilation step everything is ok. but when i try to compile the code using cc i get the error below: ld: Unresolved: sqlcxt i think there is a problem while linking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

8. AIX

Unresolved symbols

Hello experts , i have some strange problem, i wanted to create a shared object in AIX 5.3 for which i have compiled all my .cxx to .o which worked fine and then i created the .so from them , but when i do nm -Bo sample.so , i have many unresolved symbol, including printf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies
timer_settime(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  timer_settime(3)

NAME
timer_settime, timer_gettime - Obtains or sets the expiration time of the specified per-process timer (P1003.1b) LIBRARY
Realtime Library (librt.so, librt.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> int timer_gettime ( timer_t timerid, struct itimerspec *value); int timer_settime ( timer_t timerid, int flags, const struct itimerspec *value, struct itimerspec *ovalue); PARAMETERS
timerid Specifies the timer ID for the timer whose expiration time is set or returned. flags Specifies whether the timer is to be an absolute or relative timer. *value Specifies a pointer to an itimerspec data structure. *ovalue Specifies a pointer to the itimerspec data structure into which the time remaining on the previous timer is returned. DESCRIPTION
The timer_gettime function returns the amount of time remaining in the current time interval before the expiration of the specified timer. The timer_settime function sets the expiration time of the specified per-process timer, determines whether the timer is an absolute or rel- ative timer, returns the time remaining (if any) on the previous specified timer, and arms the timer. Both the timer_gettime and timer_settime functions use an itimerspec structure, which consists of the following members: struct timespec it_interval; struct timespec it_value; Each timespec structure consists of the following members: time_t tv_sec; long tv_nsec; Values specified for these members determine the duration of the timer intervals, as well as the start and end times. Use the timer_gettime function to determine whether a per-process timer is still active. If the timer is disabled, zero is returned. The timer_settime function sets the expiration time of the specified per-process timer and arms the timer. The TIMER_ABSTIME flag deter- mines whether the timer is an absolute or relative timer. If the TIMER_ABSTIME flag is not set (flags=0), the timer is set relative to the current time (a relative timer). In this case, the time until the next timer expiration equals the interval specified by the it_value mem- ber of value. The timer expires in the specified number of seconds and nanoseconds from when the call was made. If the TIMER_ABSTIME flag is set, the timer is set with a specified starting time (an absolute timer). In this case, the time until the next timer expiration equals the difference between the absolute time specified by the it_value member of value and the current value of the clock associated with the timer ID. The timer expires when the clock reaches the value specified by it_value member. Times that are between two consecutive non-negative integer multiples of the resolution are rounded up to the larger multiple of the reso- lution. To disarm a timer, specify a value of 0 (zero) for the it_value member and call the timer_settime function. The reload value to the timer is set to the value specified by the it_interval member of value. If the it_interval is zero, a one-shot timer is specified. If the it_interval is non-zero, a periodic timer is specified. RETURN VALUES
On a successful call to the timer_gettime and timer_settime functions, a value of 0 (zero) is returned. On an unsuccessful call, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate that an error occurred. ERRORS
The timer_gettime and timer_settime functions fail under the following condition: [EINVAL] The timerid argument does not correspond to an ID returned by timer_create and not yet removed by timer_delete. Additionally, the timer_settime function can fail with this error if a value structure specified a nanosecond value less than zero or greater than or equal to 1000 million. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: clock_gettime(3), timer_create(3) Guide to Realtime Programming delim off timer_settime(3)