Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File redirection
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File redirection Post 13033 by namtab on Thursday 10th of January 2002 10:48:15 AM
Old 01-10-2002
kewl ... going to give it a try. thanks for the help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk two file redirection

Hi, i use awk -F to print three variable delimited by comma $1 $2 $3 if $2=="" i want to extract this information missing from another file using awk -v + some process. but the problem i can't use the two awk together cause of redirection there's a solution. note: i can't use another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error file Redirection

Hello All, I was wondering is there any other way in Shell Scripting to redirect the errors to a output file inside a shell script with using a error status checking or a command line redirection. Say without doing this ksh test.ksh 2> error.txt or without doing this ... if ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file redirection problem

my querry is suppose i have duplicate std i/p with FD-3 --exec 0<&3 now redirected std i/p to a file ----exec 0<file1 suppose i am reading the file line by line --while read LINE cutting some fields and comparing it with a variable and if a match is found ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

fbackup redirection to a file.

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File redirection question

Hi all, I am working with the Grinder tool (unrelated to my question) to redirect the output of a program to a file as follows: java -cp $CLASSPATH net.grinder.TCPProxy > grinder.txt This is a proxy server which pipes output to a file. When I do something on my proxy, more and more goes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annorax
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output file redirection

Suppose I have a file named a When I write cat a>a The following error message is displayed cat: a: input file is output file and my file a is truncated to zero size. Also the exit status of the last command is 1 Can someone tell me what actually happens when I do so? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagajaba
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Descriptor redirection and duplication

i have many questions concerning the FD. it was stated that "to redirect Error to output std, you have to write the following code" # ls -alt FileNotThere File > logfile 2>&1 # cat logfile ls: cannot access FileNotThere: No such file or directory -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-02-26... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
9 Replies

8. Solaris

LS redirection to a file in same folder

Hello, I need an input from you all. I want to redirect the output of 'ls' command to a file but the file should not display the output file name in it. scenario: ------------ $pwd /home/user1 $ls file1 file2 $ls > file3 $cat file3 file1 file2 file3 In this i dont wish... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection of c binary file to a file in shell script is failing

I am struck up with a problem and that is with output redirection. I used all the ways for the redirection of the output of c binary to a file, still it is failing. Here are the different ways which I have used: ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 2>&1 ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 1>&1 ./a.out |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya29988
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with file redirection in while

I've got a problem with file redirection in bash, in loop while (in my script done < bufor.txt). In every consecutive iteration there's a possibility that to the bufor.txt will be added some lines. Unfortunately, in loop, added lines are ignored (for example: bufor.txt has 5 lines, in 3rd iteration... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk9
4 Replies
GRUB-MKLAYOUT(1)						   User Commands						  GRUB-MKLAYOUT(1)

NAME
grub-mklayout - generate a GRUB keyboard layout file SYNOPSIS
grub-mklayout [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
grub-mklayout processes a keyboard layout description in keymaps(5) format into a format that can be used by GRUB's keymap command. Generate GRUB keyboard layout from Linux console one. -i, --input=FILE set input filename. Default is STDIN -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkconfig(8) The full documentation for grub-mklayout is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-mklayout programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-mklayout should give you access to the complete manual. grub-mklayout (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-MKLAYOUT(1)