Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slackware installation hlp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Slackware installation hlp Post 13007 by satan404 on Thursday 10th of January 2002 06:16:45 AM
Old 01-10-2002
I tried to type 'mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy'

But then I get an error message:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0, or too many mounted file systems

Does this mean I already have a mounted floppy? how do I access it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download Red hat plz Hlp ?

ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/ Hi all , I know how to go to the distibution site but How to download if using ftp I want to ask this Q:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp

How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp.....cause I want to accsses to the Internet to download Help and application in the Red hat OS???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

pls hlp: making .sh files executable

I've got a file named jdictd.sh containing the following: --- begin file contents --- #! /bin/csh echo I\'m running! java -cp jdictd.jar org.dict.server.JDictd data/dict.ini # Use the following line instead if JRE 1.1 is used # jre -cp jdictd.jar org.dict.server.JDictd data/dict.ini ---end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

4. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

5. Linux

Output formatting problem..Plz hlp

Hi guys, It will be a great help if somebody can help me in following problem. I have tried hard but because of lack of UNIX/LINUX knowledge I am not able to do it. I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formatting prob.. guyz plz hlp

:)Hi guys, I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of each and every employee. It returns the output in pipe-delimited format. For your ref. sending a small sample e.g. Deepti|083032|174501... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

very urgent..need of a script which finds a file without the use of find command..hlp

im a beginner in shell scripting and i need a script which will find a file in a given path without the use of find or grep command.......i need some kind of code.....plzzz plzzzz help me......ive tried n searched every where but i couldn't find the solution for my particular problem..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishi
4 Replies

8. Slackware

Slackware 13.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in operating systems. so far I've been playing with Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I heard about Slackware and I wanna try it. Last night I download the iso but It didn't fit in my usb or Dvd. it is a 4.2 GB. Is there one less than 4.2GB that will fit in my usb or DVD? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openation1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

hlp.Can I Input string from variable?

My Os is Solaris 10, i want to create user after created i use #passwd user1 new password : confirm password : so i typing password into input box by manual but i need bring username input into input box by automatic can somebody help me plz. if you misunderstand or help me can you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
0 Replies
HMOUNT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 HMOUNT(1)

NAME
hmount - introduce a new HFS volume and make it current SYNOPSIS
hmount source-path [partition-no] DESCRIPTION
hmount is used to introduce a new HFS volume. A UNIX pathname to the volume's source must be specified. The source may be a block device or a regular file containing an HFS volume image. If the source medium is partitioned, one partition must be selected to be mounted. If there is only one HFS partition on the medium, it will be selected by default. Otherwise, the desired partition number must be specified (as the ordinal nth HFS partition) on the command- line. Partition number 0 can be specified to refer to the entire medium, ignoring what might otherwise be perceived as a partition map, although in practice this is probably only useful if you want this command to fail when the medium is partitioned. The mounted volume becomes "current" so subsequent commands will refer to it. The current working directory for the volume is set to the root of the volume. This information is kept in a file named .hcwd in the user's home directory. If the source medium is changed (e.g. floppy or CD-ROM disc exchanged) after hmount has been called, subsequent HFS commands will fail until the original medium is replaced or a different volume is made current. To use the same source path with the different medium, reissue the hmount command. EXAMPLES
% hmount /dev/fd0 If a Macintosh floppy disk is available as /dev/fd0, this command makes the floppy current for other HFS commands such as hls(1), hcd(1), hcopy(1), etc. % hmount /dev/sd2 1 If a SCSI disk is available as /dev/sd2, this command finds the first HFS partition on the medium and makes it available for other HFS operations. NOTES
hmount does not actually mount an HFS partition over a UNIX directory in the traditional mount(8) sense. It is merely a "virtual" mount, as a point of convenience for future HFS operations. Each HFS command independently opens, operates on, and closes the named source path given to hmount. SEE ALSO
hfsutils(1), hformat(1), humount(1), hvol(1) FILES
$HOME/.hcwd AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> HFSUTILS
08-Nov-1997 HMOUNT(1)