Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: continue the suspended jobs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users continue the suspended jobs Post 12981 by killerserv on Thursday 10th of January 2002 01:26:24 AM
Old 01-10-2002
jyothi,
ive tried that same result on myside.. but i did set stty -tosusp and try both susp and stop:

Could execute vi in background.. At last..
I think should try stty -tosusp instead of stop. I can recall back the vi editor. Works for me Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

continue example

The following code for search a pattern in file name (or entire file name) and look at its size, code is derived from an ebook about scripting. It is working in HP Unix but I am unable to run in Linux (Ubuntu) Please advise me what is wrong for Linux? And besides , how can I get rid of errors in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
7 Replies

3. Linux

resume the suspended background job

Hi, I was running a job in background and because of some immediate work to be done on my machine, I stopped the background job. The real problem comes when I try to restart the same job in the background. To stop I used stop PID and to resume the same I use bg PID when I do this the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baloo_mia
2 Replies

4. Programming

List of suspended tasks on a semaphore/message queue

Hi, I have created a posix semaphore. Is it possible to have a functionality, wherein I can reset the semaphore. ie All the tasks waiting for the semaphore will be signalled and will return with error values and the semaphore value will be set to its initial value. Is there a way to get a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taklubaba
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux csh script going to Suspended (tty output) when running with & (bg)

i have strange behavior i have csh file that run java process something like this : run_server.csh #!/usr/bin/tcsh java -Dtest=testparam -cp ${TEST}/lib/device.jar:${TEST}/conf:${TEST}/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar com.device.server when i run it like this :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

10. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
kkcd(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   kkcd(8)

NAME
kkcd - Daemon that supports the Kana-Kanji conversion service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/kkcd user-id group-id kkc-db OPERANDS
Identifies the user being served by the daemon. Specifies the group to which the user belongs. Specifies the location of data needed for Kana-Kanji conversion. DESCRIPTION
The kkcd daemon supports Kana-Kanji conversion for the Japanese language and is available only when Japanese support subsets are installed on the system. The daemon converts an English or Kana string to one or more different Kanji strings and runs only when the Kana-Kanji con- version capability of the atty terminal driver is activated. The utx pseudo device driver acts as an communication channel between the atty terminal driver and the kkcd daemon. The ikk parameter of the stty command spawns the kkcd and utx daemons (see stty(1)). The stty command also includes parameters for setting terminal line discipline, modes, input key sequences, and keymap data for Kana-Kanji conversion. FILES
The utx device special files SEE ALSO
Commands: stty(1), utxd(8) Files: atty(7), cp_dirs(4), utx(7) Others: Japanese(5), kkc(5) kkcd(8)