Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server Post 12960 by killerserv on Wednesday 9th of January 2002 07:21:21 PM
Old 01-09-2002
Manjit,
This question have been posted some times by lots of users, any way here is one of the Link you may try, to understand the diffrences of OpenServer and Unix OS. http://perso.wanadoo.fr/levenez/unix/
http://www.sco.com

Pls post back if this link doesnt help much with what u are looking for.
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

I need the Unix operating system on disc as im new to unix. Im studying unix and x windows next year at Sheffield University and would like to get a head start. Any suggestions would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix operating system

hi I am trying to install solaris 8 on intel machine(intel300 mhz,32 mg ram,3.2 hd,24x cd-rom). hardware scaning is ok. Then it ask to enter choice for interactive installation #1 for web #2. After i enter chice system reboot agian and it takes to same screne. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neer45
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Operating System

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and Unix. I have a couple of questions and please, excuse my ignorance. I have a spare machine which is now running MS Windows 98 and I would like to format the disk and install the Unix operating system along with Oracle 8i and SQL Server. My... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: IronBear
13 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Creation of the UNIX* Operating System

Excellent reference on the history of UNIX: Bell Labs History of UNIX* http://www.bell-labs.com/history/unix/images/86-300838-EM.jpeg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download unix operating system

Hello all : May anyone can help me where I can find any site for avalable downlaoding UNIX operating system ? Thanking you Best Regards Dani Romio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dani_romio
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

Can anyone give me info on networking features of the Unix Operating System please. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WaveZero
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System?

Hey all, I currently use FreeBSD and linux and have decided I want to use a proper Unix distrobution. Which Unix distro would you members recommend. The only requirments that I have is that I can use some pogramming utilities available. I don't mind the install process. One more thing, I know some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -zorin
2 Replies

8. Programming

Is android an operating system of unix.

I have a query that is about android application based mobile. actually android is so popular in mobiles and its w using sell cmd also UNIX is also support shell files. So it is a operating system of UNIX. But i am not sure please help me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrepitt77
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smallest UNIX operating system

Which is the smallest Unix operating system and how do I download it? edit by bakunin: corrected typo in the thread-title and removed the text formatting: we are able to read non-bold text either. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nalcolmshally
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)