Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Help Post 12820 by killerserv on Monday 7th of January 2002 07:34:01 PM
Old 01-07-2002
Happyaf,
You havent done any proggraming yet.. I think you should understand some basic stuffs before you venture thru the Shell Programming.. I would personaly Suggest you to go here:

http://www.programmingtutorials.com/main.asp

this might help
you especially for the begginers. And i dunt think so you can get help on assignment and hints of it in here. Also you may buy some good programming language books out there in book store try " O'Reilly's ".. hope this helps you..

vga_addtiming(3)						Svgalib User Manual						  vga_addtiming(3)

NAME
vga_guesstiming - calculate a timing line for the given resolution SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> int vga_guesstiming(int x, int y, int clue, int arg); DESCRIPTION
Calculates a timing line for a x*y resolution, according to the value of clue. CALCULATION METHODS
If clue is 0, then the aspect ratio for the requested mode ( x:y ) must be 4:3. A mode with the same aspect ratio closest to the requested, while still having a higher resolution is found, and then scaled down to the requested mode. If clue is 1, then the aspect ratio for the requested mode ( x:y ) must be 4:3. A mode with the same aspect ratio closest to the requested, while still having a lower resolution is found, and then scaled down to the requested mode. BUGS
No guarantee that a modeline will be created, or that a created modeline will be usefull is given. SEE ALSO
vga_addmode(3) vga_addtiming(3) addmodetest(6) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matan Ziv-Av Svgalib (>;= 1.4.0) 7 April 1999 vga_addtiming(3)