Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors Post 12761 by Neo on Monday 7th of January 2002 11:49:27 AM
Old 01-07-2002
You are missing C library files/archives or they are located in a path not known by your linker.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling Errors -- Symbol referencing

I'm trying to compile a FTP_API program. To do this you must use the libftp.so libary. But that libary has references which are not defined. Has anyone had this problems and how is it corrected?? The command line looks like this:-------------------------------------------- # cc ftpstock.c -lftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotanddot
5 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to SNX

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I try to do a build of a product. I dont have the dependencies of the binaries involved in the build and thats the reason I was not able to find which library to add or to proceed to the next step to solve the reference problem. Undefined ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryragland
1 Replies

4. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

I am getting below error, any ideas to resolve it. 1:ts_n_tcp_cmp_row /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_ui_basic.so 1:ui_convert_date /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_fi_basic.so 1:ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

6. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

Hi, I'm trying to compile OpenTTD on Solaris 5.10. I do not have root permissions so I have to set the prefix-dir to /home/abcde/usr/local/opt/opentdd-0.6.3 I've used the following command to configure: bash ./configure --prefix-dir=/opt/openttd-0.6.2 --without-makedepend \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudolph
1 Replies

7. Programming

C++ ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.

Hello. I used to compile my code including a third-party library, "libfoo.so". Now, the vendor ships a statically linked library, "libfoo.a", instead. With this library, I run into the following error: CC -mt -xarch=v9 -DCOMPILE_SOL_SPARC -ftrap=%none -xlibmil -xchip=ultra2 -xbuiltin -xO4 \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
0 Replies

8. Programming

"Symbol referencing errors" On Socket programming

Dear all, I had the "Symbol referencing errors" while compiling a C socket code. It said "Undefined Symbol: socketpair", but I already copy the two head files (#include "types.h", #include "socket.h") into my current directory. Could anyone help me with it? Thanks. By the way, I'm using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beyondaymk
4 Replies

9. Programming

Symbol referencing errors

Undefined first referenced symbol in file logf /var/tmp//ccwztFsO.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out collect2: ld returned 1 exit status float exponC(float mean) { index1++;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: willji1234
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
LORDER(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LORDER(1)

NAME
lorder -- list dependencies for object files SYNOPSIS
lorder file ... DESCRIPTION
The lorder utility uses nm(1) to determine interdependencies in the list of object files and library archives specified on the command line. The lorder utility outputs a list of file names where the first file contains a symbol which is defined by the second file. The output is normally used with tsort(1) when a library is created to determine the optimum ordering of the object modules so that all ref- erences may be resolved in a single pass of the loader. When linking static binaries, lorder and tsort(1) can be used to properly order library archives automatically. ENVIRONMENT
NM Path to the nm(1) binary, defaults to ``nm''. EXAMPLES
ar cr library.a `lorder ${OBJS} | tsort` cc -o foo ${OBJS} `lorder ${STATIC_LIBS} | tsort` SEE ALSO
ar(1), ld(1), nm(1), ranlib(1), tsort(1) HISTORY
A lorder utility appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BSD
October 25, 2006 BSD