Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: / is full HELP
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users / is full HELP Post 12619 by Prafulla on Friday 4th of January 2002 12:29:18 AM
Old 01-04-2002
Hi..
Sorry...

I did not go through souldier's last post.

from the df -k out put /var nd /opt that comes under root file system there is no separate file systems for this......
that's why root file system is getting full.
thanks
praful

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disks going full??

Dear All I have a problem regarding my Solaris 8 OS . This is regarding the space available in my disk. Although the df -k for /export/home shows 32% capacity I am not able to create any file on the disk. Again, quot -af shows the same output . I have got directories in my /export/home but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/ is full

Hi Exprts, I faced this problem several times, which / file system is full (near 100%) and "proc" under that is the main reason. i don't know how to reduce the size as all directories under proc seems important & other dir/files under / are OS related & could not be removed. could anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

disk full

Please solve the following NOTICE HTFS:No space on dev hd(1/42) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuheel
2 Replies

4. AIX

heapdump full the /

Hi everybody; Javaecore files and heapdump created every day in my system in the "/" and make it full. Is there any way to disable this core files or change there directory from the "/" to "/tmp". Note that AIX level is 5.2 with ML 6. BeSt ReGaRs (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalifah
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Partition?

Hi Everyone, I think I've filled up one of the partitions on my drive. I suspect that one of the applications I've been running has been spitting out junk files to this partition - most of which can be deleted. The problem is that I have no idea how to go look at what's on that partition and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Choppy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem full

my root filesystem is eventually full "/dev/rdsk/c1d0s0" as a result i cannot boot to the operating system, i booted into the fail safe mode to check the space using df -h command i discover that it is eventually full. Also to my amazement i found that i cannot see the filesystem which mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

/ is full

/ has become full.... So i'm unable to login to the server. What should i do now ?? please help me... Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
4 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
mofreg(1M)						  System Administration Commands						mofreg(1M)

NAME
mofreg - register MOF classes with WBEM services SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/mofreg -r tag file /usr/sadm/bin/mofreg -s /usr/sadm/bin/mofreg -u tag [file] DESCRIPTION
The mofreg command is used by package and patch install scripts, or by any applications that wish to register managed object format (MOF) classes with Sun The Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) services. The WBEM services daemon (Common Information Model or CIM object manager) processes at start up the files that are specified by mofreg com- mands. Files are processed in the order that the individual mofreg commands are executed. As an alternative to using the mofreg command, MOFs can be registered or unregistered by manipulating directories in /var/sadm/wbem/logr. Instead of running the mofreg -r tag file version fo the command you can create a directory named tag under /var/sadm/wbem/logr/preReg and copy file to the tag directory. Similarly, instead of running the mofreg -u tag [file] command, you can create a directory named tag under /var/sadm/wbem/logr/preUnreg and copy the optional file to the tag directory. The entries are processed in increasing order of last modification time of the tag directories. If you issue mofreg commands in rapid suc- cession, the timestamps might be the same. If you have a situation where the timestamp order is critical, you can place appropriate sleeps between the successive registration or unregistration operations. As with the mofreg command, processing is done at next restart or by using the -s option. This alternative mechanism is typically used in package install scripts which do not have access to /usr, and therefore do not have access to the mofreg command. This case arises when packages are installed for diskless clients. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -r tag file The file argument is the actual MOF registration file. Its form is identical to the MOF syntax as defined by the Distrib- uted Management Task Force (DMTF). The only difference is the addition of the following 3 new pseudo-pragmas, which are variations of the namespace pragma. The name of file cannot end in .unreg. #pragma namespace("__create") #pragma namespace("__delete") #pragma namespace("__modify") These three pragmas are used specify if the elements following the pragmas should be created, deleted, or modified by the CIM object manager. The __delete pragma can currently only be applied for a mofreg -u command. The tag argument is a unique string that specifies the identity of the registry action. This tag can be set to the package name or the patch number if the mofreg script is being invoked through packages/patches, though any tag can be specified. Errors and warnings that are encountered when the CIM object manager handles the mofreg script are logged. Processing of the mofreg script stops at the first error. Specific warnings include: Element already defined - the element already exists and cannot be created. Element not found - the element does not exist and cannot be modified. The error conditions are: Key modification - A class cannot be modified if its keys are being changed. Other mod compilation errors. -s Forces the CIM object manager to immediately process outstanding registry requests, instead of at the next restart. This currently requires Java. -u tag [file] Undoes the operations performed during mof registry. The tag argument must correspond to the value set during the original mofreg invocation. If no mofreg was done with the original tag, the command does not succeed. If required, an unreg file can be specified. If no unreg file is specified, the CIM object manager automatically undoes the actions of the registry. Any class created by the registry process is removed and any classes modified by the registry revert to the old state. The mofreg command does not take care of cases where packages and patches make conflicting changes to classes. This should be taken care of by the standard patch and package conflict resolution. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. The reason for error is displayed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbcou | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
init.wbem(1M), mofcomp(1M), wbemadmin(1M), wbemlogviewer(1M), attributes(5), wbem(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Feb 2003 mofreg(1M)