Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wierd Message????
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Wierd Message???? Post 12579 by peter.herlihy on Thursday 3rd of January 2002 03:11:50 PM
Old 01-03-2002
Question

Just a thought - do you have any variables in your PATH env?

Echo $PATH to check this - then double check date is there - by typing "which date"

Probably not it - but good thing to check.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Wierd pipe problem

I have encountered a strange problem dealing with pipes and forking. The program basicaly does this: cat file | tbl | eqn | groff Now, I have a parent process that forks children that that exec the stuff that they should. The pipes defined in the parent are the ones used. The chain goes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: denoir
1 Replies

2. Solaris

wierd sparc 5

Hi! I own a sparc 5 and i seem to have a strange problem. When its off, it starts by itself... Sounds a bit strange? Iknow. Does anyone know whats causing this?? Could it be the network card? or is it someting in ENV or some other configuration?? //dOzY (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wierd boot-up sequence

Hi, I have two machines, one is a E3500 and the other one is a V490; I face a strange issue with both of them. The boot up sequence gives the output of the devalias command. Has anybody faced this?? Please do let me know what needs to be done o resolve this. Regards, NP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wierd networking issue

I have Debian Etch release as a fresh install on a PIII to be a router/firewall. I've configured networking, and utilized Shorewall to set up iptables scripting. I've installed dhcp3, both client and server, to pull an ip from my broadband cable modem, and dish out ip's to a switch for other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pflink
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wierd results with awk

Hey, I'm trying to use awk for some simple file manipulations but i'm getting soem wierd results. So i want to open up a file which looks like this: @relation 'autoMpg' @attribute a numeric @attribute b numeric @attribute c numeric @data -1.170815,0.257522,0.016416... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatheny
2 Replies

6. AIX

Wierd thing about FSs and VGs

Hello It appears that on a regular basis, perhaps when weekly rebooting happens, not sure yet, my odm becomes out of sync. When doing a smitty file system list by volume group, the FS type is displayed as ??? on several FSs. Always in the same VG. I know how to fix this problem, thing is,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

7. Programming

Wierd C program. Help Needed

Hi, Please see this: When i make a declaration as: char *i, j, *k; and then do sprintf( k, "print.sh %s", i ); the program works fine. But when i change the declaration to: char *i, *k; and then do sprintf( k, "print.sh %s", i ); I get a segmentation fault at the 'sprintf'... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikb23
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wierd behaviour setting stty echo

Hi all, Encountered a wierd behaviour which I am unable to understand. I have a function doing the follow: function RETRIEVE_PASSWORD { if (( $DC_ACCOUNT )) then clear printf "\nEnter Password for ${ConfiguredUser}" printf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srage
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wierd issue using wc -l in a script

Hi experts, This is what Im doing... file_cnt=`cat abc_ | wc -l` head -$file_cnt abc > abc_2 if ; then error "failed on rename abc_ > abc_2" exit 1 fi try_run "rm -f abc_" try_run "mv abc_2 abc_" This is what the output on screen, I get on executing----> + + wc -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
5 Replies

10. Linux

Wierd cursor behavior in Linux

I Have a COBOL application running over iscobol platform in Linux server. we run Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 4) Kernel \r on an \m and the command "uname -a" gave me that: Linux trilinux 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheReverend
1 Replies
FILECAP:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       FILECAP:(8)

NAME
filecap - a program to see capabilities SYNOPSIS
filecap [ -a | -d | /dir | /dir/file [cap1 cap2 ...] ] DESCRIPTION
filecap is a program that prints out a report of programs with file based capabilities. If a file is not in the report or there is no report at all, no capabilities were found. For expedience, the default is to check only the directories in the PATH environmental variable. If the -a command line option is given, then all directories will be checked. If a directory is passed, it will recursively check that directory. If a path to a file is given, it will only check that file. If the path to the file includes capabilities, then they are written to the file. OPTIONS
-a This tells the program to show all capabilities starting from the / directory. Normally the PATH environmental variable is used to show you capabilities on files you are likely to execute. -d This dumps all capabilities for reference. EXAMPLES
To check file capabilities in $PATH: filecap To check file capabilities of whole system: filecap -a To check file capabilities recursively in a directory: filecap /usr To check file capabilities of a specific program: filecap /bin/passwd To list all possible capabilities: filecap -d To set a file capability on a specific program: filecap /bin/ping net_raw net_admin SEE ALSO
pscap(8), netcap(8), capabilities(7). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat March 2009 FILECAP:(8)