Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uppercase to lowercase
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uppercase to lowercase Post 12575 by webex on Thursday 3rd of January 2002 01:15:19 PM
Old 01-03-2002
it worked!

Thanks it worked!

It justed needed a 'done' statment at the end and it worked perfectly!

Thanks a million!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How convert lowercase or uppercase

It will only accept one argument where it should be upper or lowercase. if user choose to convert filnames to upper case than it should convert to upper or vice versa. if no action taken by the user then should not do anything any of the files in the current directory. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex20
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UPPERCASE to lowercase with no overwriting?

Hey, I've just started learning shell script today. How would I write a bash script file that changes file names from uppercase to lowercase in that directory, the program should warn the user and NOT overwrite the existing file if it's already in lowercase? for example in a directory i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lgd923
1 Replies

3. AIX

Lowercase to Uppercase

Inside a script I have 2 variables COMP=cy and PT=t. further down the same script I require at the same line to call those 2 variables the first time uppercase and after lowercase ${COMP}${PT}ACE,${COMP}${PT}ace. Can somebody help me Thanks in advance George Govotsis (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggovotsis
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uppercase to lowercase

i have no variable and no file i just want to convert AJIT to ajit with some command in UNIX can anybody help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

indentation and lowercase to uppercase

hi, i need to write a bash script that does two things. the program will take from the command line a file name, which is a C code, and an integer, which is the size of my indentation i would then have to indent every nested code by the number of columns provided by the user in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kratos.
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unix: lowercase to uppercase

I just started to learn unix... and i needed to make a basic script. i need to 1. read a file (.txt) 2. count the words of EVERY sentece 3. sentences with odd number of words need to be converted into lowercase sentences with even number of words need to be converted into uppercase ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilli1988
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UPPERCASE to lowercase

Hi All, i have a file and i want to convert all uppercase letters to lowercase letters which are in my file. how can i do this. Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: temhem
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uppercase to lowercase and vice versa

shell script to convert file names from UPPERCASE to lowercase file names or vice versa in linux anybody please help me out!!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacky29
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert lowercase to uppercase

listprocs.sh contains ps -ef | grep "swikar" 1) Write a shell script to convert an input file to all upper case. Name your shell script toupper.sh. Hint: tr ' ' ' ' will convert all lower case letters to upper case To use your script, try the following command: cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swikar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uppercase to lowercase

Hello, I have a list of files in a directory whose names are all in uppercasse, including the file format for eg *.MP3 . I would like to convert these to the normal way we write it ie ABC.MP3 to be converted to Abc.mp3 . I know that this can be done manually by using a lot of "mv" or rename... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
6 Replies
RCSCLEAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       RCSCLEAN(1)

NAME
rcsclean - clean up working files SYNOPSIS
rcsclean [options] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
rcsclean removes files that are not being worked on. rcsclean -u also unlocks and removes files that are being worked on but have not changed. For each file given, rcsclean compares the working file and a revision in the corresponding RCS file. If it finds a difference, it does nothing. Otherwise, it first unlocks the revision if the -u option is given, and then removes the working file unless the working file is writable and the revision is locked. It logs its actions by outputting the corresponding rcs -u and rm -f commands on the standard output. Files are paired as explained in ci(1). If no file is given, all working files in the current directory are cleaned. Filenames matching an RCS suffix denote RCS files; all others denote working files. The number of the revision to which the working file is compared may be attached to any of the options -n, -q, -r, or -u. If no revision number is specified, then if the -u option is given and the caller has one revision locked, rcsclean uses that revision; otherwise rcsclean uses the latest revision on the default branch, normally the root. rcsclean is useful for clean targets in makefiles. See also rcsdiff(1), which prints out the differences, and ci(1), which normally reverts to the previous revision if a file was not changed. OPTIONS
-ksubst Use subst style keyword substitution when retrieving the revision for comparison. See co(1) for details. -n[rev] Do not actually remove any files or unlock any revisions. Using this option will tell you what rcsclean would do without actually doing it. -q[rev] Do not log the actions taken on standard output. -r[rev] This option has no effect other than specifying the revision for comparison. -T Preserve the modification time on the RCS file even if the RCS file changes because a lock is removed. This option can suppress extensive recompilation caused by a make(1) dependency of some other copy of the working file on the RCS file. Use this option with care; it can suppress recompilation even when it is needed, i.e. when the lock removal would mean a change to keyword strings in the other working file. -u[rev] Unlock the revision if it is locked and no difference is found. -V Print RCS's version number. -Vn Emulate RCS version n. See co(1) for details. -xsuffixes Use suffixes to characterize RCS files. See ci(1) for details. -zzone Use zone as the time zone for keyword substitution; see co(1) for details. EXAMPLES
rcsclean *.c *.h removes all working files ending in .c or .h that were not changed since their checkout. rcsclean removes all working files in the current directory that were not changed since their checkout. FILES
rcsclean accesses files much as ci(1) does. ENVIRONMENT
RCSINIT Options prepended to the argument list, separated by spaces. A backslash escapes spaces within an option. The RCSINIT options are prepended to the argument lists of most RCS commands. Useful RCSINIT options include -q, -V, -x, and -z. RCS_MEM_LIMIT An integer lim, measured in kilobytes, specifying the threshold under which commands will try to use memory-based operations for processing the RCS file. (For RCS files of size lim kilobytes or greater, RCS will use the slower standard input/output routines.) Default value is 256. TMPDIR Name of the temporary directory. If not set, the environment variables TMP and TEMP are inspected instead and the first value found is taken; if none of them are set, a host-dependent default is used, typically /tmp. DIAGNOSTICS
The exit status is zero if and only if all operations were successful. Missing working files and RCS files are silently ignored. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Manual Page Revision: 5.8.1; Release Date: 2012-06-06. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Thien-Thi Nguyen. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Paul Eggert. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
ci(1), co(1), ident(1), rcs(1), rcsdiff(1), rcsmerge(1), rlog(1), rcsfile(5). Walter F. Tichy, RCS--A System for Version Control, Software--Practice & Experience 15, 7 (July 1985), 637-654. BUGS
At least one file must be given in older Unix versions that do not provide the needed directory scanning operations. GNU RCS 5.8.1 2012-06-06 RCSCLEAN(1)