Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Commands for Telnet
Special Forums Cybersecurity Unix Commands for Telnet Post 12531 by peter.herlihy on Wednesday 2nd of January 2002 10:50:58 PM
Old 01-02-2002
Question

Unix commands for telnet are found in the man pages under telnet.

Just type " man telnet " and you'll get heaps of options....try that first - then try and be more specific with what you are trying to do here...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet in UNIX

I would like to know if there exist any diference between the telnet in UNIX and Windows. the probles is when I try to connect through a socket to a server running unix i don't receive a response. Connecting with the same source code to a windows server I receive response (the initial message and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ferreat
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands with remotely with Telnet

i have a box here that can only be accessed with telnet. now, i was wondering if anyone know of a way of which i can run a command on that box remotely. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Telnet session

Hi Is there any way whilst in a telnet session you can view your client machine name that you are using to connect to the Unix box ? :eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
2 Replies

4. SCO

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrb78
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet in unix

Dear Sir, I have got 2 systems A. Compaq Prolient 400 Unix Server - IP address 192.168.0.10 (450 Mhz speed & 512 MB RAM) Old B. HCL 2700HLN Unix Server - IP address 192.168.0.2 (73 GB X 4 - Raid HD & 4 GB RAM with 2 LAN Broadcom BCM5721 ) - New Both systems are loaded with Unix 5.0.5 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatacoffee
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet commands using expect

Hi All, I am trying to write a expect script to telnet and run a command on a remote host.The command i want to send contains a text value is contained in file.txt in the linux box from where i am running the expect script.I want to pass the contains of file.txt into a variable and call the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistachio
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i execute a set of commands in telnet??

I have list of commands in a file in one sever and i need to execute these set of commands in the server to which i m telnetting to .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to router run commands from file

I have a perl script that is called with a router name command list file and output file. The command file can be very large, up to 3k of commands. At first I dumped the command list file to an array and ran the entire file on the router and captured the output. It worked ok for a command list in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute telnet commands thru xterm?

I want to launch an xterm telnet window: xterm -e telnet xxx.xxx.xx.xxx Which I can do but needs to also launch commands as well. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shopgirl08
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script require to do telnet & run few commands

I am new in scripting, I need script(BASH) which do telenet to one of the elements & run few commands , after running it successfully it will check status of files & exit. Help is greatly appreciated 🙏 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinesh_123
2 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.14.2 2010-02-23 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)