Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hardware info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers hardware info Post 1247 by PxT on Monday 19th of February 2001 11:14:33 PM
Old 02-20-2001
dmesg

If that doesnt give you enough information, you can do:
cat /proc/cpuinfo ; cat /proc/meminfo

on Linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware

Hi I have a problem to start up my Solaris Ultra 5. When it boots up I get a strange clicking sound, sounds like the hard drive that is "thinking" very hard. On the screen I get these messages: Boot device: Files and Args: Please check cable and try again Network link setup fail Time out... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware 3d

How do I check my system to see if the graphics are using hardware 3d suport or not. I have a TNT2 on RH 7.1 kernel 2.4.9-?(can't remember off top of my head)I'm running all the latest updates from RH. Also I now have a dvd drive and I am trying to find a player that will play all movies and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxCat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Per and Hardware

Is it possible to use Perl to work with hardware? Or is it strictly for text processing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luftwaffe
1 Replies

4. Programming

C and hardware !

Hello ! I have a friend , in one day he tell me this : some guy made a cool program in C , for some sort or hardware control . I say : wow ! Maybe someone , can give me an example , how can C control hardware so good ( as I hear ) , and maybe some cool information , where to learn the idea ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: !_30
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Hardware

Hi, I'm looking to run Sun Solaris 8 or 9, but have been running windows :mad: .can anyone give me advice about the hardware needed for solaris and possably any software i may need, the type of model and where i may be able to buy these within the uk. :confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franz
3 Replies

6. AIX

New Hardware

Can someone help me with what I am guessing is a simple job for an AIX admin. However I am 100% HP-UX and not touched AIX before the start of this week. I am trying to connect an IBM Blade (JS22) to our HP Enterprise Tape Library. I have done all the SAN zoning and this appears to be happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
5 Replies

7. Hardware

Requirment are without password to get hardware info in the the linux using Qt?

Dear All, I have developed one application in the Qt Creator. I have one requirment for get hardward information in the Linux system, Then i try dmidecode using and run in Qt.It will occur error message for "dev/mem" permission denied". So i try to terminal to run sudo ./application. it will ask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JGops79
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Extracting HBA Card Hardware info

Hello, I am very new to solaris so please bear with me. I have 2 machines in question. For both I am trying to get the HBA Card Hardware information such as: HBA Model Name HBA Firmware version HBA Port details HBA Driver details First machine is a Solaris 10. When I execute fcinfo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies

10. AIX

New to AIX and IBM Hardware. Need some info

Hello all. I'm new to AIX and IBM hardware and I have a question around the configuration of the service processor on the power series. I need to know: 1) How do I get into the service processor from the serial console when AIX is up and running. I come from the Sun world and I tried all I know.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glenc2004
1 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo - Collect linux system information. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo; my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo->new; my $info = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo gathers system information from the virtual /proc filesystem (procfs). For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. SYSTEM INFOMATIONS
Generated by /proc/sys/kernel/{hostname,domainname,ostype,osrelease,version} and /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/meminfo, /proc/uptime, /proc/net/dev. hostname - The host name. domain - The host domain name. kernel - The kernel name. release - The kernel release. version - The kernel version. memtotal - The total size of memory. swaptotal - The total size of swap space. uptime - The uptime of the system. idletime - The idle time of the system. pcpucount - The total number of physical CPUs. tcpucount - The total number of CPUs (cores, hyper threading). interfaces - The interfaces of the system. arch - The machine hardware name (uname -m). # countcpus is the same like tcpucount countcpus - The total (maybe logical) number of CPUs. "pcpucount" and "tcpucount" are really easy to understand. Both values are collected from "/proc/cpuinfo". "pcpucount" is the number of physical CPUs, counted by "physical id". "tcpucount" is just the total number counted by "processor". If you want to get "uptime" and "idletime" as raw value you can set $Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo::RAWTIME = 1; # or with Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo->new(rawtime => 1) METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo->new; get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $info = $lxs->get; EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
proc(5) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo(3pm)