Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing korn shell script text Menu colors? Post 12380 by darthur on Friday 28th of December 2001 11:25:09 AM
Old 12-28-2001
prafulla,

Good question. Suggestion on blinking text colours anyone?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing a CSV file in Korn shell

Hi All, Please can someone help me how I can read a CSV file with 10 columns and remove the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th column and build the new output file. Script to be done in Korn shell. File contains data like bnt, lb2, lb3, vnw, lb4, lb5, bst, lb6, lb7, vgw (multiple rows) Output file should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riteshm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing the colors of nedit

I have only slight difference between remarks (gray) and code (black) using c and c++ how cani change remark to other color ? The option preferences/language mode/c++ doesn't help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eynkesef
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Parse text string into variables using Korn shell

I am writing a script to keep check on free disk space, and I would like to find a way to parse $LINE (see code below) into a numeric value (for free disk space percentage) and a string value (for mount point). If possible, I would like to avoid sed or any additional use of awk since I am not very... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Changing CDE FrontPanel Button Colors

OK so I've been trying to figure this out on and off for about two years on Solaris 8, and now I'm trying to do it in Solaris 10 (which seem to have identical resource structures for Dtwm.) I've created my own sleek, single row front panel with small custom icons, and smaller font so that it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insamniac
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Changing OSX Terminal Man Page Colors

For a long time, when I type man anything on my Mac, both the manpage header fonts and the background was black, so I had to use my mouse to highlight the manpage output to read it. It was really annoying. The problem was the same both locally or using the terminal and going ssh somewhere. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for changing two text files

HELLO I am new in shell bash script> I have two text files.They contain same datas. I want to change some text in two files.If I changed in one file.Then I want to change another same file without using vieditor.Iwant to change another file by using shell script for example file1 hello good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhun.v
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pink01
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pink01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change text color in Korn shell to highlight Error

Hi this is my first post, so forgive me if what I'm requesting doesn't make sense. I'm connecting into a Unix server via SSH and using a Korn Shell (#!/bin/ksh). The Unix server has Oracle 11g installed on it and there are a number of scripts already setup to query the Oracle database to perform... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeithJ
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)