Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to get rid of DCHP ?
Special Forums IP Networking How to get rid of DCHP ? Post 12349 by s_aamir on Thursday 27th of December 2001 03:33:56 PM
Old 12-27-2001
Question How to get rid of DCHP ?

Hi all:-

I am using Sun8 Intel PC in a network and have IP allocated by DHCP. Now I got a static IP and want to configure my PC for this new IP and disable DHCP. How can I do that ?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get rid of DCHP

Hi all:- I am using Sun8 Intel PC in a network and have IP allocated by DHCP. Now I got a static IP and want to configure my PC for this new IP and disable DHCP. How can I do that ? Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
6 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DCHP server assigning a wrong Address

Pls could you help me diagnose my problem. I have a system which is a DHCP server and also the Remote Access Server. The DHCP server allocate normal address within the scope range to the LAN system. why it allocates abitrary number such as 169.254.217.90 255.255.0.0 class B address to the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

3. Solaris

getting rid of ^H

Hello everybody I have a very annoying problem on my Solaris (Unix in general) servers. When I open a shell and press the backspace button, it results in a ^H character being printed on screen. I can resolve it by typing stty erase <backspace>, but does anyone know how I can prevent the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get rid of ==>

ok the assignment question: That English paper you were writing on the works of Lewis Carroll is due in a few hours and you have forgeotten the name of the text file in which you has written a number of quotations to use in your paper. Luckily, you know that the file is somewhere in your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mek86
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of ^M in the file

Hi I have a file wich contains ^M characters, looks like these are from DOS, Is there a way to get rid of them? Thanks -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get rid of ^[[D

Hi All, Im selecting a large record from a table and putting it in a file in the unix box. The file has a hidden character "^[[D " present in it. Can any one help me in getting rid of the character Thanks in advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhan@29
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of ' from variable?

hi, I want to get rid of ' from my variable value in ksh, and I also want to read the value on the right hand side of = into a variable thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
10 Replies

8. Linux

How to get rid of ^m

Hi all, I am new to unix....pls help me with this. I have a binary file generating output by passing arguments in bash.when i open the output file in VI i can see that ^m is included in between most of lines,as a result when i pass this file to my java application it dosent parse the data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting rid of ^M

I have a text file with hundreds of 32-character hash codes in it, each terminated with a linefeed (/l, or ^M). 185ead08e45a5cbb51e9f7b0b384aaa2 57643e1a17252a9fc746d49c3da04168 60cba11d09221d52aaabb5db30f408a2 2b75ee6e5c2efc31b4ee9a190d09a4df ...... etc. I want to create a file for each... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teledon
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Two simple questions about Solaris DCHP and Samba

I have two simple questions First is :can dhcp server NATIVE of solaris perform dhcp updates of bind via dnssec like dchpd on linux? Second: Is possible to build a pdc with samba and iplanet ldap server?Or is better with openldap? I never found howto or discussions about iplanet server. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)