Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Very urgent!! Cron problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Very urgent!! Cron problems Post 1234 by Neo on Sunday 18th of February 2001 03:43:54 PM
Old 02-18-2001
Please post your root crontab file and we will take a look for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron problems

Hi, I am having a few problems with cron. I have created a shell script (to rotate www logs - this works) and then did the following (as root) #crontab -e 2 0 * * 3 /cron_scripts/wwwlogs.sh ? w ? q # crontab -l entry not shown e.g. it did not show what I had just writern I then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warrend
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problems

Hi there, this time a have a other problem :) i will start a script over the cron. if i start the script manual (per command) it works without any problems, but over the cron it doesent work. my cron looks like this: 26 15 * * * /path/scriptname.sh 2> /path/error.log there is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Schedule job using cron(URGENT)

Hello All, I m newbie to Job scheduling. Suppose i have 2 files s1.sh and s2.sh i want to make a schedule such as run s1.sh at 2AM everyday and run s2.sh 9Pm everyday. Can anyone tell me how to schdule that using CRON and i want to know what is CRON and CRONTAB. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problems when FTPING file from server to local (Very Urgent)

Hi, when i am trying to FTP one file (test.txt) from Unix server to my local machine then i am getting the following error, as shown below ftp> binary 200 Type set to I. ftp> put C:\FTP\test.txt C:FTPtest.txt: No such file or directory ftp> The red color text is the error. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems in generating the mail from cron -- very urgent help me

Hi, I wrote a script which generates a mail automatically under certain condition. When i execute the script manually in unix the script is getting executed and the condition works accordingly and the mail is also generated. But when it is pu into cron the mail is not generated and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiru_cs
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job problem(urgent)

Hey all. Im totally new with makeing websites ect The thing is, i wanted to make one of those pimp games, so i installed a script called mypimpscript.. it works but the 10mins cron jobs dont... ive tried to set it up in cpanel, but im doing it wrong :S right now it looks like this php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princess
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems using rsync with cron

Hi, I've created a cron job for a script with a rsync command in it. The script is named pull.sh and contains the following line : What it is supposed to do is pull backup files from the production server of my company to my local server. It should also generate the log file (output.log)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problems

I am trying to setup a cron that runs a script to update my ip for my domain name every time I reboot and checks if my ip changes every 5 minutes and if it does then I update it. I am running Ubuntu server 12.04. The file /etc/cron.d/ipupdate contains # # # Run ipupdate # # /5 * ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bros2
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with cron

I am new to creating crontab file , i just wrote below (40 19 * 3 * /root/maths/practisecron.sh), the script just prints "Hi". When ever i save the above file i am getting this . # crontab -e crontab: installing new crontab Can you please check where it went wrong.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkiyv05
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems with set up Cron

Hi I want to set up a cron for every 15 minutes between some hours. Can you tell whether the below command will work. Getting confuse because my time goes from night to next day morning. i want to setup 8 PM to next day 10 AM. */15 20-10 * * * sh abc.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raju2016
1 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)