Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to programm TTY devices under UNIX platform? Post 12269 by WayneYang on Monday 24th of December 2001 04:14:54 AM
Old 12-24-2001
Thank you! Perderabo.

I would like to try your dedication.

Maybe you know, I work now on the SunOS 5.7 platform. Surely I have looked up the TERMIOS library. But I could not find that thress functions listed in your mail as follows:

tcattribute(3c)
cfspeed(3C)
tccontrol(3C)

I know, the SunOS 5.7 should obey to the POSIX standard. But where these functions?

Another one, would you like tell me what do you mean by the 'win' in your mail? I guess if it is "what is needed'?

Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

3. Programming

how do i run am encrpyrtic programm on unix

how do i run am encrpyrtic programm on unix, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embeded programm within programm

Hi, How to embeded programme within perl programme. Shankarao (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarao
2 Replies

5. AIX

Difference between tty and console devices ?

Hi, What is the diference between these two ? thanks Vilius (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I remotely take unix/linux tty control!?

Hello everyone!. I am wondering if it is possible to take control of a tty session???!!!. For example: imagine you are running a command in a unix server that will take 12 hours to compleate... now, imagine you are at your home and you want to check how the command is performing or if errors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are pseudo-tty devices? Is my /etc/securetty file contains any?

Hi , I have searched wiki for pseudo tty devices but it was very complex for me to understand. Can any one help me understanding concept behind pseudo-tty in layman language? According to security manual of our org /etc/securetty files shouldn't have any pseudo tty devices. i understand ttyX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell programm(need urgent Help)

Hi guys, i am new to shell can u please explain how to get those two outputs in temp1 i have i/p like abcd edk lkg jkl loop i need o/p abcd ********* edk********** lkg *********** jkl *********** loop************ need o/p abcd *************** (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokkrishna063
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to checkVenn diagram issue solve by Unix programm

Hello Any Unix programm can help me to solve thsi issue: I have 2 venn digrams please checke the attached file for pictures of venn diagram for eg red is A yellow is B and green is C..Please see attached file for Venn diagrams In one ..... I have 3 data set A , B and C Venn diagram... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
PAM_TTY_AUDIT(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_TTY_AUDIT(8)

NAME
pam_tty_audit - Enable or disable TTY auditing for specified users SYNOPSIS
pam_tty_audit.so [disable=patterns] [enable=patterns] DESCRIPTION
The pam_tty_audit PAM module is used to enable or disable TTY auditing. By default, the kernel does not audit input on any TTY. OPTIONS
disable=patterns For each user matching one of comma-separated glob patterns, disable TTY auditing. This overrides any previous enable option matching the same user name on the command line. enable=patterns For each user matching one of comma-separated glob patterns, enable TTY auditing. This overrides any previous disable option matching the same user name on the command line. open_only Set the TTY audit flag when opening the session, but do not restore it when closing the session. Using this option is necessary for some services that don't fork() to run the authenticated session, such as sudo. log_passwd Log keystrokes when ECHO mode is off but ICANON mode is active. This is the mode in which the tty is placed during password entry. By default, passwords are not logged. This option may not be available on older kernels (3.9?). MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session type is supported. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SESSION_ERR Error reading or modifying the TTY audit flag. See the system log for more details. PAM_SUCCESS Success. NOTES
When TTY auditing is enabled, it is inherited by all processes started by that user. In particular, daemons restarted by an user will still have TTY auditing enabled, and audit TTY input even by other users unless auditing for these users is explicitly disabled. Therefore, it is recommended to use disable=* as the first option for most daemons using PAM. To view the data that was logged by the kernel to audit use the command aureport --tty. EXAMPLES
Audit all administrative actions. session required pam_tty_audit.so disable=* enable=root SEE ALSO
aureport(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tty_audit was written by Miloslav Trma <mitr@redhat.com>. The log_passwd option was added by Richard Guy Briggs <rgb@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/04/2013 PAM_TTY_AUDIT(8)